Are you a fan of Crunchie bars? Then you’re totally going to love this easy no-bake Chocolate Crunchie Slice! Ready in just 10 minutes!
If you’ve been reading Bake Play Smile for a while now, you may have already seen a version of this slice around. In fact, I first made it last year after being given the recipe by a friend. The only problem is that I had just started the blog and literally had no clue when it came to taking photos! I still have no idea and am trying very hard to teach myself, but I’m not quite as terrible as I used to be!
Anyway, it turns out that people love Crunchie bars and every single month this is one of the most popular recipes on the blog. And while I love that people are checking out this yummy recipe, I cringe every single time I see the photos. So here is a revamped version of my Chocolate Crunchie Slice. Yep it’s made with chopped up Crunchie bars so you know it’s going to be insanely good.
This is also a perfect, kid-friendly recipe so grab your kiddies and get them helping out in the kitchen… and if you don’t have any kids then you get to lick the wooden spoon all by yourself!!
This slice is made even more delicious if you add extra chopped up Crunchie bars to the chocolate topping before it sets. BUT!!! If you decide to do this, make sure you’re planning on eating it the same day as otherwise the Crunchies will go all soft and gooey (although you might actually love that!). Because I made this slice the day before I needed it, I decided to just use a chocolate topping instead. Here’s a photo of the same slice I made last year using crushed up Crunchies on top (urgh… please ignore the total and utter awfulness of the photo!).
If you’re a fan of no-bake slices, make sure you check out the ‘Bars, Brownies and Slices’ recipe category under the ‘Sweet’ section at the top of my blog – there’s heaps more no-bake inspiration hiding there!
What’s your go-to, never-fail, no-bake slice recipe??
Get the eBook via instant download and then save to your computer, tablet, phone or iBooks. If you’d prefer a hard copy, all of our eBooks print to an easy-to-read A4 size.
Chocolate Crunchie Slice
- 250 g sweet biscuits such as Arnotts Marie, crushed
- 200 g sweetened condensed milk you can add a little more if the mixture is too dry
- 100 g butter chopped
- 165 g honeycomb chocolate bars extra bars for decoration on top if you like, roughly chopped
- 150 g milk chocolate or dark/white
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor (don't worry if there are still a fair few bigger chunks... that's fine!) and then pour into a mixing bowl.
- Melt butter and condensed milk in a saucepan over a very low heat. Mix until smooth.
- Pour warm mixture onto the biscuits and mix well.
- Very carefully add the chopped up Crunchie bars and mix well.
- Spread mixture into a 22cm X 32 cm rectangular slice tin lined with baking paper.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave on low (stirring regularly) and pour over the cooled slice.
- Working quickly, spread the chocolate evenly over the slice. (You can also add some extra chopped up Crunchie bars to the chocolate topping while it's still melted).
- Pop into the fridge until just set (tacky to the touch but not hard).
- Take out of the fridge and slice into squares.
- Add the cubed butter and condensed milk to the Thermomix bowl. Melt on 50 degrees, speed 2 for 4 minutes, stirring regularly (if there are still any lumps, melt it for a little longer).
- Add the biscuit crumbs to the butter mixture. Mix on Reverse Speed 2 for 30 seconds (or until totally combined).
- Add the crushed up Crunchie bars and mix together gently with a spatula.
- Spread mixture into a 22cm X 32 cm rectangular slice tin lined with baking paper. Set aside (don’t put it in the fridge yet or the chocolate topping will set too quickly!).
- Grate the milk chocolate on Speed 5 for 10 seconds. Scrape down the bowl and melt on 50 degrees, speed 2 for 3-5 minutes (scraping down the sides regularly). Pour chocolate over the slice.
- Working quickly, add a few extra chopped up Crunchie bars if you like. Pop into the fridge until just set (tacky to the touch but not hard).
- Take it out of the fridge and slice into squares.