The yummiest, easiest, no-bake Caramello Slice made with Cadbury Caramello chocolate…. to-die-for!!!! This is the best chocolate caramel slice ever!
I am a total self-confessed chocoholic. There is no doubt that I love chocolate. If we lived in medieval times, there’s a fair chance I’d trade my left arm for a block of chocolate (don’t worry I’m right-handed, so it’s totally ok). I’m just kidding! I love my left arm!! But anyway, a while ago I saw a recipe for Caramello Slice on Lauren’s blog, Create Bake Make and thought that I absolutely must make it. But as so often happens (to me anyway), I got totally distracted and forgot about it! Then, this week the same Caramello Slice recipe came up on my Facebook feed and I thought this really must be a sign… from the Chocoholics God I’m assuming? And this time, there was no way I was going to let myself get distracted and forget to make it!
Oh my goodness, what a simple slice! There’s no baking involved and it seriously takes about 10 minutes. It takes longer to go to the supermarket and buy the ingredients. If you’re a fan of Cadbury Caramello chocolate then you are totally going to love this. It’s a little slice of heaven. All you need to do is crush your biscuits, melt the butter and chocolate, and then mix it all together with the condensed milk. I also added 1/4 cup of coconut to the mix, because I love coconut (you could totally leave it out if you prefer!).
Then you pop the slice into the fridge and melt some more chocolate (yes more!). Spread that on top and pop back into the fridge for a few hours to set completely. In the meantime, pace furiously up and down past your fridge willing it to be ready (no, no, just grab a cuppa and watch Real Housewives instead!).
When you take it out of the fridge, leave it for about 20 minutes before cutting into slices, so that the chocolate on top doesn’t crack.
Then sit down and enjoy your fabulous slice… because you totally deserve it!
Get the eBook via instant download and then save to your computer, tablet, phone or iBooks. If you’d prefer a hard copy, all of our eBooks print to an easy-to-read A4 size.
PS – Scroll below the recipe for adjusted Thermomix instructions.
- 220 g Caramello chocolate
- 1 X 250g packet of plain biscuits – crushed
- ¼ cup (60g) butter
- 1/2 - 3/4 tin condensed milk 200-300g, I find that it sometimes depends on the type of biscuits you use as to whether you need a little more or less
- 1/4 cup (20g) coconut
- 220 g block plain chocolate for topping
- Crush biscuits in a food processor.
- Break chocolate into pieces and melt with butter in the microwave.
- Stir in condensed milk, coconut and crushed biscuits.
- Press into a standard sized rectangle slice tray that has been greased and lined with baking paper.
- Melt the block of plain chocolate and spread evenly over the top.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours or until completely set and hardened.
- Cut into slices.
Caramello Slice Thermomix Instructions:
1. Place biscuits into the TM bowl and crush by holding on Turbo for 5-10 seconds.
2. Set biscuits aside.
3. Melt butter and broken up caramello chocolate on 50 degrees, Speed 3, 4-5 mins (scraping down the bowl occasionally).
4. Add biscuits, coconut and condensed milk to the bowl and mix on reverse Speed 3 for 1 minute (scraping down the bowl occasionally).
5. Press into a standard sized rectangular slice tray and refrigerate.
6. Place the block of plain chocolate into the TM bowl and grate on Speed 5 for 10 seconds.
7. Melt on Speed 3, 4-5 mins (scraping down the bowl occasionally).
8. Refrigerate for a couple of hours or until completely set and hardened.
9. Cut into slices.