The most perfect little ANZAC biscuits ever… includes conventional and Thermomix instructions! 10 minutes prep time & 10 minutes cooking time!
Ingredients For ANZAC Biscuits
- rolled oats
- plain flour
- brown sugar
- desiccated coconut
- golden syrup
- bi-carbonate of soda
How To Make ANZAC Biscuits In 3 Easy Steps
Step 1 – Combine the oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl
Step 2 – Stir through the melted butter, golden syrup and bi-carbonate of soda mixture
Step 3 – Roll into balls and bake
Classic ANZAC Biscuits
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 125 g butter chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced.
- Line 3 baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine the oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl.
- Place butter, syrup and 2 tablespoons cold water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir for 2 minutes or until butter has melted.
- Stir in bicarbonate of soda.
- Stir the butter mixture through the oat mixture.
- Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- Place on trays, 5cm apart and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden.
- Leave on the baking trays for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius (fan-forced). Grease and line two flat baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the butter, golden syrup and brown sugar into the Thermomix bowl. Melt on for 3 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed 1.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda to the melted butter mixture and combine mix for 10 seconds on Speed 3.
- Add the rolled oats, plain flour and coconut. Mix together for 40 seconds on Reverse, Speed 2.
- Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on trays, 5cm apart and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden. Leave on the baking trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.