This is the easiest Kid-Friendly Rum Balls – simply combine crushed biscuits, cocoa, coconut and condensed milk to make these delicious little treats!
If there’s one classic recipe that EVERYONE needs to know how to make… it’s these super-easy and kid-friendly rum balls. Obviously this ‘kid-friendly’ recipe contains no alcohol, but if you’re making an adults only version, add in a tablespoon of yum (for a nighty little treat).
This is a perfect recipe for getting kids into the kitchen. They will love crushing the biscuits and rolling the mixture into balls. I remember making these rum balls when I was little and I would crush the biscuits with our big marble rolling pin. I actually still have that rolling pin (I pinched it off Mum when I moved out of home!).
Rum balls take less than 10 minutes to make and are oh-so-worth-it! These make the perfect lunchbox filler or a sneaky little midnight snack.
Rum balls are so easy that there’s probably not even a need for a recipe… but here’s one anyway!
Super Easy, Super Delicious Rum Balls!
- 1 X 250g packet of plain biscuits like Marie
- 1 X 395g tin of condensed milk
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup of cocoa
- Extra coconut for rolling
Place the biscuit crumbs into a large bowl.
Sift over the cocoa powder.
Add the coconut and condensed milk.
Thoroughly mix together all of the ingredients.
Roll heaped teaspoons of the mixture into balls.
Roll in the extra coconut to coat.
Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Kid-Friendly Rum Balls Thermomix Instructions:
1. Place the biscuits into the TM bowl.
2. Crush by pressing Turbo 8-10 times or until the biscuits resemble fine crumbs.
3. Add the cocoa powder, coconut and condensed milk.
4. Mix on Reverse Speed 3 for 20 seconds or until well combined (you may need to scrape the bowl down halfway through mixing).
5. Roll heaped teaspoons of the mixture into balls.
6. Roll in the extra coconut to coat.
7. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.