** This recipe has been updated… Click here for the new and improved version!
Yum, yum, yum!
Well the other day I posted the recipe for Chocolate Peppermint Crisp Slice that my friend had given me the recipe for and I had loved! She also made a version using Crunchie chocolate bars in place of the Peppermint Crisps… genius!
The only problem is that when you live in a household with only two people, making two slices generally means giving HEAPS away (which is great!) or having to throw it out after a few days.
Now me being Miss Indecisive, couldn’t decide whether to make the mint or the honeycomb version of the slice…. and so I set about making one batch of the plain slice mixture, dividing it into two equal halves and then adding the peppermint to one bowl and the honeycomb to the other! This was perfect because I ended up with two half slices…. but both flavours!
And because the recipe remains the same, you could substitute the flavours for anything you like…. Turkish Delight, Picnic’s, even almond M&Ms.
Soooo…. I will be keeping this handy little slice recipe close by so that whenever I am craving a particular type of chocolate, I may just have to create a whole new version.
Thanks again to my friend for the recipe. I love that the best recipes are the ones that are handed down through generations, or happily shared with friends and family. I’m certainly not the kind of person who holds my favourite recipes close to my heart… the more people enjoying good food the better, I say! And so, I truly do appreciate when someone shares a recipe with others that they have tried and loved.
Just in case you need a recap… here’s the recipe for the yummy slice that can be adapted to suit whatever you may be craving!
Chocolate Crunchie Honeycomb Slice
- 1 X 250g packet of plain such as Marie, sweet biscuits
- 3/4 tin of sweetened condensed milk . you can always add a little more if you find the mixture is too dry
- 100 g butter
- 3 Cadbury Crunchie bars
- 100 g milk chocolate or white.... or even dark!
- Melt butter and condensed milk in a saucepan over a very low heat. Mix until smooth.
- Pour condensed milk mixture onto the biscuits and mix well.
- Crush two of the Crunchie bars with a knife and add to the mixture.
- Carefully mix the Crunchie bars through.
- Spread into a baking paper lined rectangular slice pan and pop into the fridge.
- Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave (or on the stove top) and pour over the cooled slice.
- Add the remaining crushed Crunchie bar.
- Pop back in the fridge until just set (tacky to the touch but not hard).
- Take it out of the fridge and slice into squares.