A simple 4 ingredient recipe for making healthier LCM Bars at home using just honey, rice bubbles, coconut oil and sprinkles!
You know those rice bubble/marshmallow LCM bars that you can buy from the supermarket?? They’re absolutely delicious… But they’re not exactly the healthiest option going round (insert sad face here).
These healthier LCM Bars are a yummy alternative to the store-bought version. They’re made with just 4 ingredients – honey, rice bubbles (or any puffed rice), coconut oil and sprinkles. How easy is that!? Plus they take a whole 5 minutes to whip up. 5 minutes!!!?? That’s nothing, right!!?
The only downside to these healthier LCM bars is that they’re not lunch-box friendly. Why, you might ask? They don’t have any nuts in them?? Well it’s because this slice needs to be eaten straight from the fridge. If you let it come to room temperature, the honey and coconut oil will melt and the slice will crumble. But if you eat it cold from the fridge, you’ll have a delicious crispy slice… YUM! So keep this recipe for after-school or weekend treats.
This is such a great recipe to make with kids. It’s simply a matter of popping the ingredients into a large bowl, mixing them together and pressing down firmly into a tin (check out my video below for the best tip for getting your slice pressed nice and firmly into the tin). My little Will did a great job stirring everything together (and eating a couple of mouthfuls while I wasn’t looking!!).
If you love the sound of these Healthier LCM Bars, make sure you check out my Healthy Coco-Pop Bars too!!
Healthier LCM Bars
- 4 cups (120g) rice bubbles (or any puffed rice)
- 1/2 cup (170g) honey
- 1/3 cup (70g) coconut oil, melted
- sprinkles or 100s and 1000s
- Grease and line a 20cm X 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the rice bubbles, honey, coconut oil and sprinkles into a bowl and mix together really well (the rice bubbles should all be coated with the honey and coconut oil).
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and press down firmly (see notes). Add extra sprinkles.
- Place into the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight. Cut into slices straight from the fridge (with the slice still in the tin). Store in the fridge for up to 5 days (or freeze for up to 1 month). Serve straight from the fridge (see notes).