Lunch box recipes don’t come any quicker or easier than this yummy Oat & Milo Slice! Simply melt, mix and bake… too simple!! This will become a family favourite in no time!
Do you know what I really love? Like really, really love? A no-fuss, super easy recipe that tastes awesome. See, I’m a simple girl at heart!! But seriously, for me to make a recipe over and over again, it’s got to tick those 3 boxes. And this Milo Slice my friends, ticks ALL of those boxes and so many more.
This slice is a variation on my classic ANZAC slice… but with Milo. Yep that’s right. Milo! The queen of all things delicious.
And you know what else is really fab? This slice honestly takes 5 minutes to prepare – just melt, mix and That. Is. It.
Totally, totally my kinda slice.
This Milo Slice is made from pantry staples which means that you can stop reading this right now… go to your cupboard and fridge… whip it up… and be eating it in 30 minutes from now. How awesome is that!? Yay, yay… triple yay for easy slice recipes.
PS. Speaking of Milo… have you made my 4 ingredient Milo Balls yet?? Yummity-yum-yum-yum!!
VIDEO: HOW TO MAKE MILO SLICE
Oat & Milo Slice
- 1/2 cup (60g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (65g) self raising flour
- 1/2 cup (65g) Milo malted milk powder
- 1 cup (85g) rolled oats
- 2/3 cup (150g) brown sugar firmly packed
- 2/3 cup (65g) desiccated coconut
- 1 egg
- 125 g melted butter
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius (fan-forced). Grease and line a 20cm X 20cm cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix together well.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared tin and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool before cutting into slices.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week (or freeze).
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius (fan-forced). Grease and line a 20cm X 20cm baking tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the butter into the Thermomix bowl and melt on 80 degrees, 2 minutes, Speed 1 (or until melted).
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix on Reverse, Speed 4, 15 seconds or until combined.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool in the tin before cutting into pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week (or freeze).