Browse my collection of the very best soup recipes... healthy, nutritious and packed full of flavour. From hearty chicken noodle to classic roast pumpkin, low carb cauliflower to slow cooker pea & ham, and so many more!
During winter I'm constantly torn between eating all of the delicious and rich comfort food desserts (golden syrup dumplings and apple crumble... I'm looking at you), or filling up on nourishing and veggie-packed soups.
Luckily, a naughty dessert is perfectly balanced by a healthy soup... so you really can have the best of both worlds (completely guilt-free!).
Healthy & Hearty Soup Recipes
If you're after healthy and filling soup recipes, then you're in the right place.
These soup recipes are:
- packed full of vegetables
- low carb, low calorie and low fat
Simply click on any of the recipes below for the full (and free!) printable recipe.
THIS is my favourite soup!!!! It's super delicious and creamy... but it's made with absolutely no cream at all. The pureed cauliflower is what gives it the beautiful creamy taste. Oh and did I mention the crispy bacon on top!?
You can't go wrong with this good old classic. Plus, roasting the pumpkin takes it to a whole new level of yumminess! Serve with crusty bread rolls for the perfect winter comfort food.
Creamy Broccoli & Cauliflower Soup
The most delicious and vegetable-packed soup! The perfect winter warmer that is perfect paired with a loaf of crusty bread.
A creamy soup made without any cream at all... and packed with loads of vegetables! This is going to become a favourite in your house in no time.
This is my most popular soup recipe ever... and it's no wonder why! Ready in just 20 minutes, this really is a crowd-pleaser. Add a packet of 2 minute noodles to make it even heartier.
Dust off your slow cooker and get ready to make the yummiest Mexican Chicken Soup. Serve it with avocado, corn chips and sour cream for a soup that's the total opposite of boring.
This family favourite soup is packed full of nutritious tomatoes and couldn't be easier to make. A quick and easy midweek dinner that always gets the tick of approval.
If you're after a healthy soup that's also hearty and filling, you can't go past a classic slow cooker pea and ham soup. There's a reason that this soup is always so popular.
Kiss goodbye to cold and flu season with this veggie boosting, cold-busting soup that the whole family will love.
The most delicious Chicken, Corn & Noodle Soup… have it on the table in less than 30 minutes! Serve with crusty bread for a hearty and healthy meal.
A creamy Potato & Leek Soup with crispy bacon that will be ready in 30 minutes… a classic old-fashioned favourite.
A flavour-packed version of a classic pumpkin soup. This Thai-inspired soup is the perfect winter warmer.
When zucchinis (or courgettes) are in season, they're plentiful and cheap! Make the most of excess zucchinis by whipping up a big batch of soup.
Storing And Freezing Soup
Soups freeze and reheat perfectly, making them great options for meal planning or batch cooking.
Here's my top 5 tips for freezing soups:
- Cool in the fridge before freezing - allow soups to cool completely in the fridge before placing into the freezer
- Airtight containers - freeze your soup in airtight containers
- Use within 3 months - frozen soups are best consumed within 3 months - however, they can be frozen for longer
- Serving size - I like to freeze my soups in a combination of single serve and family size airtight containers. This makes is easier when grabbing out a single serve for lunch or a family size to feed everyone at dinner.
- Label your containers - after 3 months it can be difficult to know what kind of soup is hiding in your container just by looking at it. Labelling it takes the mystery out of knowing what kind of soup it is.
Soups can be reheated in either the microwave or on the stovetop.
When reheating soup:
- reheat creamy soups on a low heat to avoid the cream from separating
- you can either place the soup into the fridge overnight to defrost before reheating, or you can reheat directly from frozen
- once soup has been defrosted and reheated, it shouldn't be re-frozen
More Freezer-Friendly Family Dinners
For more healthy and nutritious family meals, browse my collection of freezer dinners here.
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Facebook or Instagram. And if you love baking, then please come and join my Facebook cooking club group or subscribe to my YouTube channel.