A healthy 30 minute Thai pumpkin soup recipe that’s perfect for cold wintery days! Packed full of flavour and so simple to make!
Whether you’re fighting off a cold or are just in need of a super comforting, warm and delicious soup… this is the recipe for you! A rich and creamy (but dairy-free!) pumpkin soup infused with Thai flavours. YUM!
A Healthy and Flavour-Packed 30 Minute Soup
The best thing about this soup (apart from how good it tastes!), is that it’s really quick and easy to make – if you haven’t tried my classic pumpkin soup recipe… it’s a must make!!
Simply fry off the onion, minced garlic, minced ginger and red curry paste, then add the pumpkin and vegetable stock. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes and then add the coconut cream and lime juice and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
That’s it! A quick and easy family dinner that will be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
A Thai Inspired Pumpkin Soup Recipe
The Thai flavours in this pumpkin soup recipe take it to a WHOLE new level! Don’t get me wrong, I love my good old classic roast pumpkin soup recipe so much… but this is so yummy for a change!
To get a super flavour-packed Thai soup, we used:
- red curry paste
- lime juice
- coconut cream (or coconut milk)
- … and of course, pumpkin and liquid vegetable stock!
Store-bought vs Homemade Red Curry Paste
I used a store-bought red curry paste in this recipe, but you can absolutely make your own if you prefer. Here’s a yummy homemade red curry paste recipe.
Note: I used the Ayam brand of red curry paste this time, but I’ve tried quite a few different brands in the past and they’ve all been great!
Dairy-Free Thai pumpkin Soup Recipe
Because this soup is made with coconut cream (to give it a beautiful Thai flavour), it’s also dairy-free!!! Yay!
If you’d prefer to use everyday cream, then you absolutely can – but the coconut cream gives it such a beautiful flavour and works really well with the lime juice, ginger, garlic and red curry paste.
More Healthy Winter Soup Recipes
You guys know how much I LOVE soups, right!!??
Check out some more of my favourite recipes here.
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Facebook or Instagram. And if you love baking, then please come and join my Facebook cooking club group or subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Thai Pumpkin Soup
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 3 tbs red curry paste
- 800 g pumpkin chopped into 1.5cm pieces
- 3 cups liquid vegetable stock
- 400 ml coconut cream
- juice of 1 lime
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute the onion until translucent and soft. Add the minced garlic, ginger, red curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and liquid vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream and lime juice and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before pureeing in a food processor or with a stick blender.
- Place the onion into the Thermomix bowl and chop of Speed 6, 5 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the olive oil, minced garlic, minced ginger and red curry paste and saute for 3 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed 1.
- Add the pumpkin and liquid vegetable stock and cook for 20 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed 1 (place the rice simmering basket over the hole to catch any splashes).
- Add the coconut cream and lime juice and cook for a further 5 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed 1 (place the rice simmering basket over the hole to catch any splashes).
- Allow to cool slightly before pureeing by very slowly increasing to Speed 9 (see notes).