This classic Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup is packed full of vegetables, chicken and noodles making it a hearty, nourishing and delicious family meal. It’s the ultimate cold and flu fighting winter soup for staying well this winter!
*This post was sponsored by Blackmores. Check out their tips for helping boost your immunity during winter here.
When it comes to winter comfort foods, this Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup is your new best friend! It’s perfect for when you’ve got the sniffles or a full blown cold or flu. Packed full of healthy vegetables, protein rich chicken and energy boosting carbohydrates, it’s the perfect winter soup!
Ingredients For Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- chicken breast fillets (or thigh fillets)
- salt and pepper, to season
- vegetables – onion, carrot, celery
- dried Italian herbs
- liquid chicen stock
- lemon juice (optional)
How To Make Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup – 10 Minutes Prep Time
This soup takes only 10 minutes to prepare.. and then it’s just a matter of letting the slow cooker cook away all day. It’s the perfect midweek meal!
Step 1 – Season the chicken
Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place into the slow cooker.
Step 2 – Add the chopped vegetables and herbs
Place the vegetables, garlic and Italian herbs to the slow cooker.
Step 3 – Pour over the liquid chicken stock
Add 7 cups of liquid chicken stock and turn the slow cooker on, cook for 6-8 hours (see below for cooking times).
Step 4 – Shred the chicken
Remove the chicken, shred the chicken with two forks and return to the slow cooker for 10 minutes.
Step 5 – Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions until al dente
Add the cooked pasta to the slow cooker and stir though the lemon juice (optional). Serve immediately.
Cook the soup in the slow cooker on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 6 hours.
How To Store Chicken Noodle Soup
This soup can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days or frozen for up to 2 months.
Can I use chicken thigh fillets?
Yes, you can replace the chicken breasts with chicken thigh fillets.
What type of pasta can I use?
In this recipe I used pappardelle pasta. You can also use any kind of wide pasta such as fettuccine, rigatoni etc.
Can I add extra vegetables?
Of course! This is a really versatile recipe so you can add any extra vegetables you like.
Can I cook this on the stove-top?
Yes, this soup can be cooked on the stove-top. Simply simmer the soup for approximately 1 hour, shred the chicken and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
Healthy Soup Recipes
For more healthy soup recipes, check out these easy winter recipes:
- Chicken, Corn & Noodle Soup (20 minute recipe)
- Classic Pumpkin Soup
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Bacon & Parmesan (no cream)
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup (add corn chips on the side… YUM!)
- Potato & Leek Soup with Crispy Bacon
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Facebook or Instagram. And if you love baking, then please come and join my Facebook cooking club group or subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- 500 g chicken breast fillets skinless
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 onion diced
- 4 carrots diced
- 4 celery stalks diced
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed), or 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 7 cups liquid chicken stock
- 200 g pasta
- juice of 1 lemon
- Place the chicken breasts into the bottom of the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the diced onions, carrots, celery, as well as the garlic, Italian herbs and liquid chicken stock. Stir gently.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 6 hours.
- Shred the chicken breasts with 2 forks and add the pasta (if using spaghetti or fettuccine, break into smaller pieces) and cook for a further 40 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Mix through the lemon juice and serve.