This classic Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup is packed full of vegetables, chicken and noodles making it a hearty, nourishing and delicious family meal. It’s the ultimate cold and flu fighting winter soup for staying well this winter!
This post was sponsored by Blackmores. Check out their tips for helping boost your immunity during winter here.
When it comes to winter comfort food, this Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup is your new best friend! It’s perfect for when you’ve got the sniffles or a full blown cold or flu (and gosh, if you have the flu I feel so, so, soooo sorry for you… I’ve never had it but have heard it’s awful!). This soup is definitely a great way to pack a whole heap of veggies into your body. And if you were living in our sniffly house, you’d know that we are pretty much eating this 24/7 right now!! Darn winter bugs.. be gone!!
And of course, the best thing about this Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup is that you pop it on in the morning, let it slowly cook away all day and then have dinner waiting for you that night… a simple, no-fuss meal that everyone will love. And when you’re sick, you absolutely do NOT want to cook (so this is perfect, right!!).
Best Slow Cooker Recipes
And while we’re talk about slow cooker meals, here’s a few more of my favourite recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup
- Slow Cooker Beef Roast
- Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne
What you need for Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
But back to this yummy Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup!!! I like to use chopped up carrots, celery and onion, but you can play around with the type of vegetables as much as you like. You can also use any kind of pasta or noodles you like (whatever you have sitting in the cupboard!). And of course… chicken and liquid stock.
And so there you have it. My favourite winter soup… nourishing, healthy, cold and flu fighting and oh-so-delicious!!!
Healthy Soup Recipes
For more healthy soup recipes, check out these easy winter recipes:
- Chicken, Corn & Noodle Soup (20 minute recipe)
- Classic Pumpkin Soup
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Bacon & Parmesan (no cream)
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup (add corn chips on the side… YUM!)
- Potato & Leek Soup with Crispy Bacon
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- 500 g skinless chicken breast fillets
- salt and pepper, to season
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed), or 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 7 cups liquid chicken stock
- 200 g pasta
- juice of 1 lemon
- Place the chicken breasts into the bottom of the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the diced onions, carrots, celery, as well as the garlic, Italian herbs and liquid chicken stock. Stir gently.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 6 hours.
- Shred the chicken breasts with 2 forks and add the pasta (if using spaghetti or fettuccine, break into smaller pieces) and cook for a further 40 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Mix through the lemon juice and serve.