Get your chocolate fix with this delicious single serve 1 Minute Milo & Malteser Easter Egg Mug Cake! The perfect late night treat!
Get excited!!! You’re only 1 minute away from eating the most delicious, chocolate-filled, completely drool-worthy mug cake! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – mug cakes are very, very dangerous things. The fact that you can be eating a cake in only 1 minute is just far too tempting (especially for people like me who have absolutely no self-control when it comes to sweet things).
The ingredients you need for an easter egg mug cake
- 3 mini easter eggs (I used mini Malteser eggs)
- brown sugar
- plain flour
- cocoa powder
- Milo (or any chocolate malt powder)
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
How to make a microwave chocolate mug cake
- Start by mixing together the wet ingredients in your mug (milk, egg, vanilla extract and melted butter).
- Add the dry ingredients and stir well with a fork.
- Add the easter eggs.
- Cook in the microwave for 1 minute (see notes).
- Serve with a big scoop of ice-cream.
Tips for making mug cakes
I like to use a big mug when I make mug cakes in the microwave. Sometimes they surprise you with how quickly they rise and you don’t want an ooey, gooey mess happening! If you use a big mug, you’ll be absolutely fine.
Every single microwave is SO different when it comes to cooking times. I recommend starting off cooking your mug cake for 1 minute and then in 15 second bursts if needed.
Your mug cake will be ready when the top is set and the filling is still slightly fudgy – don’t overcook it.
This 1 Minute Milo & Malteser Easter Egg mug cake is amazing on it’s own, but if you’re a true chocoholic, then add a little extra chocolate sauce over the top after cooking. Sometimes I like to add a scoop of ice cream too (especially when it’s really late at night and I have that terrible tired/hungry mood combination going on – I hate that!). Given that this is such a naughty little treat, it’s probably a good thing that it only makes a single serve!
The best Easter recipes
1 Minute Milo & Malteser Easter Egg Mug Cake
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbs Milo powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 mini Malteser Easter eggs
- ice cream to serve - optional
- Select a large mug (a smaller one will result in an overflowing cake).
- Put your mug onto a microwave safe plate (just in case it does overflow!).
- Place butter into your mug and microwave for 10 seconds (or until melted).
- Add the egg, milk and vanilla essence and lightly beat with a fork until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into your mug and beat with a fork until well combined (no lumps!).
- Place mug into the microwave and cook for 30 seconds on medium heat.
- Place the Malteser solid eggs into the cake batter.
- Place the mug back into the microwave for a further 30 seconds on medium heat (watch it carefully to make sure it doesn't overflow).
- The cake should be cooked on the outside and slightly gooey in the middle.
- If you think it's still a little undercooked (all microwaves are different), then pop it back into the microwave and cook for a further 10 seconds on medium - just be careful not to overcook it!
- Take out of the microwave and top with chocolate sauce and ice cream.