The ultimate cheats ’15 Minute Chocolate Overload Easter Cake’, made from a store-bought mud cake, covered in creamy milk chocolate frosting, piled high with sprinkles, chocolate easter eggs, creme eggs and Malteser bunnies, and surrounded by chocolate finger biscuits. This easter cake looks absolutely gorgeous and tastes even better… talk about a show stopping table centrepiece!
A 15 Minute Easter Cake Hack
I can’t even tell you how EXCITED I am to share this awesome (and totally delicious) Cheats 15 Minute Chocolate Overload Easter Cake with you!!!!!
And yep, I’m not joking about the whole ’15 minutes’ thing. Watch the video and you’ll see… so quick and easy…!!
The ingredients for a chocolate Easter cake
- a store-bought (or homemade) chocolate mud cake
- chocolate finger bicits
- chocolate frosting
- Malteser bunnies
- sprinkles or 100s or 1000s
- mini chocolate Easter eggs
Now I have to admit that I’m secretly trying to make up for the fact that I didn’t do ANY Easter recipes for the blog last year (but hey, I did have a 1 month old baby… so I think I can kind of be forgiven… maybe!). And so this year, I’m going to throw ALL the chocolatey goodness at you. Which of course, includes this super simple cake.
But hang on, while I’m talking about all the chocoholic-ness coming your way this year, please, PLEASE tell me that you didn’t miss my Boozy Easter Chocolate Cocktail??? Oh my god… make yourself one of those babies, whip up this cake and you will be in HEAVEN!! You know what I love most about this Cheats 15 Minute Chocolate Overload Easter Cake??? It is an absolute showstopper – as in, it’s going to look freaking amazing on your Easter table… but it is the Easiest. Thing. Ever! Just between us, I made this cake, and a second (equally as awesome) White Chocolate Easter Mud Cake, recorded the videos and took the final photos of both cakes while Will was having his morning nap. That’s how quick and easy they are. I was literally packing away the tripod as he woke up. This is what I call a ‘busy-mumma’ Easter cake!
So there you have it… a totally fab 15 Minute Chocolate Overload Easter Cake that your whole family is going to LOVE!
Get the eBook via instant download and then save to your computer, tablet, phone or iBooks. If you’d prefer a hard copy, all of our eBooks print to an easy-to-read A4 size.
Cheats 15 Minute Chocolate Overload Easter Cake
- 1 store-bought chocolate mud cake
- 450 g tub chocolate frosting (or vanilla) you will have some leftover
- 200 g packets chocolate finger biscuits
- Sprinkles or 100s and 1000s to decorate
- Malteser bunnies & mini solid eggs to decorate
- Place the chocolate mud cake onto a serving dish.
- Cover the top and sides with the frosting.
- Place the chocolate finger biscuits around the sides of the cake.
- Shake the sprinkles all over the top of the cake (this will prevent the solid eggs from sticking to the frosting).
- Place the Malteser bunnies in the middle of the cake.
- Decorate with mini eggs.
- Secure the cake with a ribbon tied around the outside.
Don't add to many solid eggs (and keep them away from the edges) or the weight will push the biscuits down.