These 3 ingredient Salted Caramel Mousse Easter Egg Cups take just 10 minutes to make and make the cutest little Easter dessert!!
Do you know what I absolutely love??? A super cute dessert! And these Salted Caramel Mousse Easter Egg Cups are exactly that. Oh and it also helps that they're easy and need hardly any ingredients. Whoop whoop!!
How to make caramel mousse filled Easter eggs
All is takes to make these little bites of chocolate/caramel heaven is a couple of simple steps!
- Start by whipping the cream and stir the salted caramel sauce gently through.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the top section of the hollow easter eggs and place into an egg carton.
- Divide the mousse between the chocolate easter eggs.
- Sprinkle with gold edible glitter (optional).
- Refrigerate until needed.
How to cut easter eggs without them cracking
One little trick when you're making these Salted Caramel Mousse Easter Egg Cups is to ensure that your chocolate hollow eggs are at room temperature before cutting the tops off. This makes it easy to slice them without cracking the eggs (too much!).
The famous 2 ingredient caramel mousse recipe
Making caramel mousse has never been easier!
All you need is two ingredients:
- whipping cream
- salted caramel sauce
To keep the texture of the caramel mousse lovely and light, stir the salted caramel sauce through a small portion (about 3-4 tbs) of the whipped cream mixture, and then fold it through the remaining whipped cream.
Homemade salted caramel sauce vs store-bought caramel sauce
Look, I love a homemade salted caramel sauce as much as anyone (and this is a good recipe if you want to make your own!). BUT! When it comes to this recipe, there is literally no difference to the final taste between a homemade and a store-bought salted caramel sauce. So if you feel like making your own, go for it! But if you're happy to 'cheat' with a store-bought version, then that's perfect too!
And that's it!!! Super quick Salted Caramel Mousse Easter Egg Cups that are sure to be a hit this Easter!
The best Easter recipes
Check out my entire collection of Easter recipes by clicking right here!
Salted Caramel Mousse Easter Egg Cups
- 12 hollow chocolate Easter eggs (see note)
- 500 ml thickened cream (for whipping)
- ½ cup salted caramel sauce (see note)
- gold edible glitter (for decoration), optional
- Carefully cut the tops off the hollow chocolate eggs and place the eggs into an empty egg container.
- Beat thickened cream until soft peaks have formed (if using a Thermomix, beat on Speed 3 until soft peaks form).
- Take 3-4 tablespoons of the whipped cream and place into a seperate bowl with the salted caramel sauce. Mix together well.
- Fold the salted caramel whipped cream through the remaining whipped cream until just combined.
- Use a teaspoon to divide the mousse mixture between the hollow Easter egg cups.
- Top with edible gold glitter (optional) for decoration.
- Chill in the fridge for 4-6 hours or overnight.
Wow!! superb caramel mouse egg
Yummy Yummy ..delicious recipes....thank you for sharing