4 ingredient White Chocolate & Malteser Bunny Bark with mini Easter eggs… a quick and easy ‘melt and decorate’ recipe that takes just 5 minutes!
Whether you’re after an easy recipe to make with the kids this Easter, a cheeky late night chocolate treat or a yummy way to use up leftover Easter eggs, then this is the recipe for you! Mix and match with any of your favourite Easter eggs for a quick and easy 5 minute Easter dessert.
Easy Easter Bark Recipe
The best thing about making chocolate bark is that it is SO simple and you only need a couple of ingredients. For our Easter bark, you’ll need (scroll to the recipe card at the bottom for quantities and method):
- white chocolate (or any chocolate you like)
- Malteser bunnies
- mini Easter eggs (or speckled eggs) – I like to use Cadbury Mini Eggs which have pastel coloured shells.
- sprinkles (or 100s and 1000s)
5 Minutes & 2 Simple Steps
This recipe is a great one to make with the kids because it is SO easy! Once the chocolate has been melted, they can do all of the decorating themselves.
Scroll to the printable recipe card at the bottom for the detailed method.
Step 1 – Melt the chocolate
Step 2 – Decorate with Easter chocolates
How To Melt Chocolate In The Microwave (foolproof method!)
- To melt the chocolate in the microwave, it’s important to make sure that the power is set to 50%. It’s very easy to over-cook chocolate in the microwave which will cause it to seize up and go hard… and then the only thing to do is throw it out! But by melting the chocolate on 50% power, you’ll find that it melts slowly, resulting in a perfectly smooth chocolate. EASY!!!
- Use a microwave-safe bowl.
- Make sure you stir the chocolate every 30 seconds with a dry metal spoon. The spoon must be completely dry as any water will cause the chocolate to seize.
- As soon as the chocolate has melted, it’s ready to use. Don’t cook it any longer.
Kids Easter Recipes
This is such a great recipe to get the kids helping out with – and they’ll love decorating the bark with all of their favourite Easter chocolates.
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Facebook or Instagram. And if you love baking, then please come and join my Facebook cooking club group or subscribe to my YouTube channel.
White Chocolate & Malteser Bunny Bark
- 400 g white chocolate or milk/dark
- 6-8 Malteser bunnies
- 125 g bag Cadbury mini eggs or any mini chocolate Easter eggs
- sprinkles or 100s and 1000s, to decorate
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave on 50% power for 3 minutes, or until just melted (stir every 30 seconds). *If using a Thermomix, melt on 50 degrees, Speed 2, 3 minutes (or until melted).
- Pour the white chocolate onto a metal tray and spread out with a spoon.
- Decorate with the Malteser bunnies, Cadbury mini eggs and sprinkles.
- Place into the fridge to set then break into large chunks.