So easy, so delicious… my no-bake & super easy Chocolate Peppermint Slice made with Cadbury Peppermint chocolate will leave you drooling!
By now I’m sure you all know that I absolutely love a good no-bake slice recipe. Make it a chocolate no-bake slice recipe and that’s even better!! And that just happens to be exactly what we have here… a Super Easy No-Bake Chocolate Peppermint Slice. Oops sorry I may have just drooled a little.
Last year when I started Bake Play Smile, one of my first recipes was for a no-bake Peppermint Crisp Slice. It’s such a yummy recipe (and one that my hubby always asks me to make). And so, given that peppermint slice is one of the most searched for recipes on Bake Play Smile, I decided it was time to give the recipe a revamp. Unlike the original recipe, this recipe is made using a block of Cadbury Peppermint chocolate in place of the Peppermint Crisps. This time, I also added a bit of cocoa to make it extra chocolatey and the teensiest bit of peppermint essence to give it a bit more of a peppermint flavour boost! If you wanted to go all out peppermint-style, you could definitely crush up some Peppermint Crisps on the top of the slice. But, if you decide to do this, I’d suggest you make it on the same day that you want to eat it, as the Peppermint Crisp will go soft in the fridge and run (it’s still super yummy though!).
This time though, I decided that I wanted to have a play around with a white chocolate topping swirled with green food colouring instead. It’s an incredibly easy way to change the look of your slice and one of my favourite ways to finish off a slice. You can mix and match colours depending on what you like. I used green swirls for my easy Chocolate Peppermint Slice, but pink swirls for my Best Ever Chocolate Slice. Perfect for if you’re going to a themed birthday party or event.
So here is my revamped easy chocolate peppermint slice that kids and adults alike will fall in love with! Oh and this time there’s Thermomix instructions too!
PS – If you’re not a fan of peppermint flavoured slices (what!!!???), then make sure you try my Chocolate Crunchie Slice or my Ultimate Snickers Slice. Both recipes use a very similar, super-duper easy, no-bake base. Enjoy! 🙂
Super Easy Chocolate Peppermint Slice
- 1 X 250g packet of plain such as Marie, sweet biscuits , crushed
- 3/4 tin of sweetened condensed milk you can always add a little more if the mixture is too dry
- 100 g butter chopped
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1-2 tiny drops peppermint essence be careful - it's powerful stuff!!
- 1 X 200g block Cadbury Peppermint chocolate roughly chopped
- 150 g white chocolate
- 3-4 drops green food colouring
Sift the cocoa into the bowl.
Melt butter, block of peppermint chocolate and condensed milk in a saucepan over a very low heat. Mix until smooth.
Pour warm chocolate mixture onto the biscuits and mix well.
Very carefully add two tiny drops of peppermint essence and mix well.
Spread mixture into a baking paper lined slice pan.
Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave on low (stirring regularly) and pour over the cooled slice.
Working quickly, add a couple of drops of green food colouring to the white chocolate and swirl with a skewer.
Pop into the fridge until just set (tacky to the touch but not hard).
Take out of the fridge and slice into squares.
Super Easy Chocolate Peppermint Slice – Thermomix Instructions:
1. Crush biscuits on Turbo by pulsing until they resemble small crumbs.
2. Pour biscuits into a bowl and set aside.
3. Add the cubed butter, condensed milk and broken up chocolate to the Thermomix bowl.
4. Melt on 50 degrees, speed 2 for 4 minutes, stirring regularly (if there are still any lumps, melt it for a little longer).
5. Add the biscuit crumbs, cocoa and peppermint essence to the chocolate mixture.
6. Mix on reverse speed 2 for 30 seconds (or until totally combined)
7. Spread into a baking paper lined slice pan and set aside (don’t put it in the fridge yet or the chocolate topping will set too quickly!).
8. Grate the white chocolate on Speed 5 for 10 seconds.
9. Scrape down the bowl and melt on 50 degrees, speed 2 for 3-5 minutes (scraping down the sides regularly).
10. Pour chocolate over the slice.
11. Working quickly, add a couple of drops of green food colouring and swirl with a skewer.
12. Pop into the fridge until just set (tacky to the touch but not hard).
13. Take it out of the fridge and slice into squares.