No-bake and so simple… this Clinkers Slice recipe really is the best thing ever! This is one of the most popular recipes on the website!!
Clinkers Slice is hands-down one of the most amazing things you will ever eat. I promise! Usually I just nibble away on the bag of Clinkers, trying to guess what colour the next one will be (yes, I’m clearly a super interesting person… not!). The only bad thing about this slice is it takes the fun out of guessing the Clinkers colours – but I promise that is the ONLY bad thing!
This slice is completely no-bake so it will be ready in no time at all. In fact, if you need a last minute slice, then this one is perfect! Out of all the recipes on Bake Play Smile, this is by far one of the most popular. And why wouldn’t it be? It’s easy and it tastes amazing… sounds pretty fab, right!?
Well don’t take my word for it, make it yourself and see what you think. I promise you that you’ll have a brand new favourite recipe!
On a side note, the pink Clinkers are by far my favourite. How about you?
- 1 250 g packet Clinkers a good tip is to buy the 300g bag and eat a few while you make it
- 1 250 g packet plain sweet biscuits Marie, Malt O Milk etc
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup condensed milk nearly a whole tin - but not quite!
- 180 g block milk chocolate
Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
Crush the clinkers and biscuits in a food processor and place in a bowl.
Melt the butter and condensed milk in a saucepan on low heat until melted and mixed together well.
Pour the melted butter/condensed milk mixture over the crushed biscuits and clinkers.
Stir to combine (don't worry if the mixture seems a little bit wet).
Place into the slice tray and press the mixture down very firmly.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave or on a double boiler and spread evenly over the slice.
Place in the fridge for at least two hours (preferably overnight).
Take the slice out of the fridge and leave for 20 minutes before slicing (this way your chocolate will be less likely to crack).
Cut the slice into squares.
This slice will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week (but it won't last that long anyway!)
Clinkers Slice – Thermomix Instructions:
1. Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
2. Place the Clinkers and biscuits into the Thermomix bowl and pulse approximately 5-10 times until only small chunks remain (pulse less if you prefer it to be slightly chunkier). Set aside in a separate bowl.
3. Add the cubed butter and condensed milk to the Thermomix bowl.
4. Melt on 50 degrees, speed 2 for 4 minutes, stirring regularly (if there are still any lumps, melt it for a little longer).
5. Return the Clinkers and biscuit chunks to the Thermomix bowl.
6. Mix on reverse speed 2 for 30 seconds (or until totally combined).
7. Place into the slice tray and press the mixture down very firmly.
8. Grate the chocolate on Speed 5 for 10 seconds.
9. Scrape down the bowl and melt on 50 degrees, speed 2 for 3-5 minutes (scraping down the sides regularly).
10. Pour chocolate over the slice.
12. Place in the fridge for at least two hours (preferably overnight).
13. Take the slice out of the fridge and leave for 20 minutes before slicing (this way your chocolate will be less likely to crack).
14. Cut the slice into squares.
*This slice will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week (but it won’t last that long anyway!)