This Slow Cooker Italian Beef Ragu Pasta has a beautiful, rich tomato based sauce, beef that literally melts in your mouth, and of course, a good sprinkling of parmesan cheese. This is winter comfort food at it’s very best!
When it comes to the perfect winter dinner… this Slow Cooker Italian Beef Ragu Pasta is it!!! It’s the best combination of pull-apart slow cooked beef, covered in a rich tomato sauce and ALL the pasta!!!
There’s nothing better than popping this on in the morning, letting it slowly cook away all day and then sitting down to the most delicious dinner at night. Easy and soooooo good!
I generally use a beef chuck roast for my Slow Cooker Italian Beef Ragu Pasta – however, you can absolutely use beef brisket or bolar blade instead if you prefer (or that’s all you can get!). If you’d prefer a richer tasting sauce, you can substitute the 1/2 cup of liquid beef stock for 1/4 cup red wine and 1/4 cup liquid beef stock. Totally up to you!
This makes a big, BIG dinner (enough to easily serve 6 people… even 8!). If you can’t eat it all at once, then this yummy ragu can be frozen in an airtight container once it’s cooled. Perfect for those cold winter nights when you need an instant dinner!
And while we’re chatting about slow cooked meals, here’s a few of our other family favourite recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup
- Slow Cooker Beef Roast
- Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne
Do you have a slow cooker too? What’s your favourite slow cooker meal? Tell me, tell me, tell me… because I’m already running out of ideas (and the cold weather has only just arrived!).
Slow Cooker Italian Beef Ragu Pasta
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to season
- 1 kg beef chuck roast (or beef brisket or beef solar blade)
- 1 brown onion
- 1 clove garlic (or 1 tsp minced garlic, crushed)
- 1 X 400g can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp fresh Italian herbs, finely chopped
- 500 g cooked pasta, to serve
- parmesan cheese, to serve
- Heat the olive oil over high heat in a frying pan. Season the beef roast with salt and pepper and then sear on all sides until browned (approximately 5 minutes each side). Place the beef into the slow cooker.
- Add the sliced onion and the garlic to the frying pan and cook over medium heat until fragrant and the onion is transparent. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add the canned tomatoes, liquid beef stock, tomato paste and herbs.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 6 hours. The beef is ready when it can be pulled apart with a fork.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain and place into the slow cooker and mix through the ragu.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.