Coconut Jam Slice is such a classic recipe! The delicious triple layers include a shortbread-like base, fruity jam centre and crispy coconut topping.
I can’t believe that I haven’t shared my Coconut Jam Slice recipe with you! How is that possible?? It’s been over a year since I started Bake Play Smile and yet until now, this little blog has been missing one of the best slice recipes ever. Well it’s totally time to fix that travesty!
This slice is the best, like the BESTEST BEST (hehehe don’t be hating on my made up words!). It’s one of those slices that is delicious on the day that it’s made but seems to get even better in the following days. I love that the coconut is super crispy on the day it’s baked and then becomes a bit softer and more moist over the next couple of days as the jam smooshes (yep another made up word) into the coconut.
This is like a triple layer slice of pure awesomeness. I used strawberry jam this time because it’s my favourite, but any jam works beautifully – raspberry, apricot and blueberry are all delicious. Oh and one handy little tip is to warm the jam in the microwave before spreading – it’s not 100% necessary, but it does make it a bit easier to spread the jam nice and evenly!
The best thing about Coconut Jam Slice is that everyone loves it. Seriously, little kids will love it as much as grandmas will… and it’s not often you find something that everyone loves. Mind you, people who don’t like coconut probably won’t enjoy this – but really, who on earth doesn’t like coconut???!!! (my apologies if you don’t like coconut!).
So here it is, my favourite Coconut Jam Slice recipe (and yep there’s Thermomix instructions too). Sorry it’s taken me so long to pop this little gem onto the blog.
Hope you’re having a fab week.
Coconut Jam Slice
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 125 g butter chilled and chopped into cubes
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup jam any flavour you like
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Grease and line a rectangular slice tray (18cm X 28cm) with baking paper.
- Place the plain flour, 1/2 cup of caster sugar and the chilled butter into a food processor and process until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add 1 egg and the vanilla essence.
- Process until the mixture has formed into a dough.
- Press dough firmly into the base of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Spread jam over warm base.
- Whisk the remaining eggs and 1/2 cup caster sugar together.
- Stir through the coconut and spread over the jam.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan before cutting into slices.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease and line a rectangular slice tray (18cm X 28cm) with baking paper.
- Place the plain flour, 1/2 cup of caster sugar and the chilled butter into the TM bowl and process on Speed 5 for 10 seconds or until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add 1 egg and the vanilla essence. Mix on Reverse Speed 2 for 30 seconds or until the mixture has formed into a dough.
- Press dough firmly into the base of the prepared pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Spread jam over warm base.
- Place the remaining eggs and 1/2 cup caster sugar into the TM bowl and mix on Reverse Speed 3 for 20 seconds.
- Add the coconut and mix of Reverse Speed 2 for 15 seconds. Spread coconut mix over the jam.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool completely in the pan before cutting into slices.