Lemon Bliss Balls are a healthy, delicious and nutritious snack made using just 4 ingredients - cashews, desiccated coconut, lemon and rice malt syrup (or honey).
It takes just 10 minutes and a food processor, blender or a Thermomix to prepare these energy boosting snacks.
The combination of lemon and coconut is always a match made in heaven!
And these lemon bliss balls combine the crunch of cashews, the tang of fresh lemons, the slight nuttiness of coconut and the sweetness of rice malt syrup.
These Lemon Bliss Balls are simply the BEST!
Why You're Going To Love This Recipe
- Healthy - these Lemon Bliss Balls with coconut are packed full of healthy and wholesome ingredients!
- No Bake - there is no need to turn on the oven with this recipe. These Lemon Bliss Balls are completely no bake!
- Just Four Ingredients - made using just four ingredients (most which are pantry staples) these lemon protein balls are not just simple but inexpensive as well!
- Dairy Free - Lemon and Coconut Bliss balls are perfect for those avoiding dairy.
- Vegan Friendly - this recipe is a healthy and delicious vegan snack.
- You can use a Thermomix - both Thermomix and conventional instructions are included with this recipe! Choose between using a food processor, blender or Thermomix when making these lemon protein balls.
What You Need
Just 4 ingredients are required to make my healthy lemon bliss balls with coconut.
Note: Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom for the ingredients quantities and full detailed method.
- Cashews - use raw and unsalted cashews in this recipe.
- Desiccated coconut - use the fine, dry desiccated coconut.
- Rice malt syrup - rice malt syrup is made from brown rice and is a vegan friendly sweetener. I generally use the Pure Harvest brand but any brand will work well. If you don't have rice malt syrup then honey or corn syrup is a perfectly suitable alternative.
- Lemon juice - I prefer to use fresh lemon juice but bottled will work fine as well.
- Lemon zest - this is from the yellow skin on the lemon. Use a zester to finely grate the zest. It's important to use a zester as you don't want big chunks of lemon zest. Make sure you only use the yellow part of the skin (not the white pith as it will give your Lemon Bliss Balls a bitter taste).
- Zester - to finely grate the lemon rind.
- Food processor, blender or Thermomix.
Step By Step Instructions:
Step 1 - Gather Ingredients
Zest lemon rind.
Place all of the ingredients into your food processor, blender or Thermomix.
Step 2 - Blitz
Blitz the ingredients until desired consistency is reached. The mixture should be sticky but firm enough to roll into balls.
Step 3 - Roll Into Balls
Take large teaspoonfuls of the mixture and roll into balls. Coat each ball in extra desiccated coconut. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Expert Tips and FAQs
Yes! These Lemon Bliss Balls are full of delicious wholefood ingredients that are high in protein, healthy fats and are free from refined sugars. Best of all, by making these yourself, you know exactly what is going into them (no artificial flavours or processed sugars!). It is important, however, to be mindful of your portions and bliss balls should be consumed as part of a healthy and balanced diet.
Yes, you can add protein powder to make these protein balls even more protein loaded! You will, however need to add some more liquid to accomodate this. I use a touch of water or lemon juice, adding a small amount at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
Absolutely! Just substitute the juice and zest from your preferred citrus fruit! Lime or orange are also delicious options.
You can store these in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days and in the freezer for up to two months.
If you love Bliss Balls then give these other recipes a try!
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Facebook or Instagram. And if you love baking, then please come and join my Facebook cooking club group or subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Coconut & Lemon Bliss Balls
- 65 g (½ cup) cashews raw and unsalted
- 45 g (½ cup) desiccated coconut
- lemon juice from half a lemon (approx 1 tbs)
- lemon zest finely grated, from 1 lemon
- 2 tbs rice malt syrup (or honey)
- desiccated coconut extra, for rolling (approx ½ cup)
- Place all ingredients into a food processor, blender or Thermomix. If using a blender or food processor, blitz until all ingredients are finely chopped and the mixture comes together.If using a Thermomix, press Turbo until the mixture is finely chopped and comes together.
- Take large teaspoonfuls of the mixture and roll into balls (see notes).
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Doubling/Tripling - this recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- If your mixture is too crumbly or difficult to roll into balls - add a little water or extra lemon juice to the mixture and blitz again until it comes together easily.
- Protein Powder - if adding protein powder, you'll need to add a small amount of extra lemon juice or water until the consistency is stick but firm enough to be able to be rolled into balls.
- Variations - you can substitute the lemon juice and zest with orange or lime.
- Storing & freezing - you can store these in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days and in the freezer for up to two months.