Passionfruit Slice is afternoon tea perfection – made with a beautiful cake-like base and topped with a deliciously creamy passionfruit layer.
Welcome to our Fabulous Foodie Fridays party! It’s so lovely to have you here. Like all good parties, our FFF parties are filled with plenty of delicious food. So go grab a cup of coffee (or champas!) and be inspired by this weeks yumminess.
I know that usually I’m a sweet-loving girl, but last week there were so many amazing savoury recipes that I just couldn’t go past. First up is this delicious Roast Pumpkin and Haloumi Salad from Lime and Mortar. During summer it’s all about yummy and light salads, so this is perfect. If you’re planning an Australia Day party, why not whip up a batch of Chicken and Veggie Sausage Rolls from Simplify Create Inspire! Boiled Eggs and Soldiers linked up one of my favourite salads – a BLT! To make it into a filling dinner, I also like to add a little avocado and chicken. Yum! Mmm a bowl of creamy gnocchi is just too good to ignore! Loving this very simple recipe from House in Tillford. Finally, I couldn’t end my favourites without a little bit of sweetness. I am LOVING this Toblerone Cheesecake from my baking partner in crime, Lauren from Create Bake Make. This is all kinds of awesome! Don’t forget to pop over and check out Lauren’s favourites too. Now for my feature recipe this week, I thought I’d share a classic slice recipe. Yep, you know I love my slices!
Passionfruit Slice Recipe
Passionfruit Slice has the yummiest cake-like base and is topped with a beautifully creamy and tangy passionfruit layer. In other words, it’s seriously good stuff! To make this slice you simply whip up the base and pop it into the oven to cook until golden. Next you mix up the passionfruit layer and pour it over the base before popping it back into the oven. Cook until the top has set. Leave the slice to cool completely before cutting into slices. This is by far the hardest step of the whole slice making process!! It smells so good and you’ll just want to cut into it straight away, but hold off!! If you leave the slice for that little bit longer, it will be much easier to cut into slices (I promise!). My favourite thing about this Passionfruit Slice is that is tastes even better the next day. The flavours sort of smoosh (is that a word?) together and the base becomes beautifully moist from the passionfruit top layer. This is afternoon tea perfection. Seriously. Perfection I tell you!
Passionfruit Slice - Fabulous Foodie Fridays #35
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 100 g butter melted
- 3 tbs passionfruit pulp
- 1 X 395g tin condensed milk
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 fan forced).
- Grease and line a rectangular slice pan with baking paper (16X26cm).
- Sift the flour into a large bowl.
- Add the coconut, caster sugar and melted butter.
- Mix together until it forms a dough (you might find it easier to use your hands!).
- Press the mixture firmly into the prepared tin and smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Reduce the oven temperature slightly (to 160 degrees).
- Whisk the condensed milk, lemon juice and passionfruit pulp together in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the cooled slice base.
- Place back into oven for 15 minutes (or until the passionfruit layer has set when lightly touched).
- Leave in the pan to cool completely.
- Cut into slices.
Passionfruit Slice Thermomix Instructions: 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 fan forced). 2. Grease and line a rectangular slice pan with baking paper (16X26cm). 3. Place the butter into the TM bowl and melt on Speed 2, 90 degrees for 2 minutes. 4. Add the coconut, caster sugar and self raising flour. 5. Knead on interval speed for 1 minute. 6. Press the mixture firmly into the prepared tin and smooth the top with the back of a spoon. 7. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden. 8. Set aside to cool slightly. 9. Reduce the oven temperature slightly (to 160 degrees). 10. Place the condensed milk, lemon juice and passionfruit pulp into the TM bowl. 11. Mix on Reverse Speed 3 for 20 seconds. 12. Pour the mixture over the top of the cooled slice base. 13. Place back into oven for 15 minutes (or until the passionfruit layer has set when lightly touched). 14. Leave in the pan to cool completely. 15. Cut into slices.
Lauren from Create Bake Make & Lucy from Bake Play Smile have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!