The easiest 5 ingredient Microwave Salted Caramel Fudge recipe ever!! Super quick, totally delicious and ready in just 10 minutes.
Microwave fudge recipes are the perfect fuss-free dessert. They’re quick and easy to make and everyone loves them! From this delicious Salted Caramel Fudge recipe to Chocolate Baileys Fudge, Chocolate Tim Tam Fudge, Rocky Road Fudge or Milo Malted Milk Fudge, there’s a microwave fudge recipe to suit everyone!
Ingredients For Microwave Salted Caramel Fudge
This recipe needs just 5 basic ingredients…
- brown sugar
- full fat sweetened condensed milk
- sea salt
- white chocolate melts (or white cooking chocolate)
How To Make Fudge In The Microwave
It doesn’t get any easier than this simple one-bowl recipe!
Step 1 – Melt the butter, sweetened condensed milk and brown sugar
Place the ingredients into a microwave-safe bowl and melt together in the microwave for 8 minutes (take out and stir every 2 minutes). The sugar should have dissolved and the mixture be lightly bubbling by the end.
Step 2 – Stir through the white chocolate and sea salt
Working quickly, stir through the white chocolate melts and sea salt. The heat of the mixture will melt the chocolate.
Step 3 – Pour into the tin and sprinkle with extra sea salt
Pour the mixture into a prepared slice tin and spread out with a spoon. Sprinkle extra sea salt over the top of the fudge and place into the fridge to set.
What Type Of Chocolate Is Best?
This fudge recipe works best using white chocolate melts. Chocolate melts can be bought in the baking section of any major supermarket (I generally use Cadbury or Nestle brand). If you can’t buy white chocolate melts, choose a block of white cooking chocolate and break into small pieces before stirring through the mixture.
White chocolate melts and white cooking chocolate melt easier than a block of normal white chocolate, giving you a smooth, creamy fudge.
Tips For Cooking Fudge In The Microwave
- Know the wattage of your microwave oven and adjust the time/temperature of the recipe accordingly – this recipe is made using an 1100 watt microwave oven and cooked on high. If your microwave has a lower wattage, you may need to cook the fudge longer. If your microwave has a higher wattage, it may need less cooking time.
- Test the fudge every 2 minutes – remove the fudge from the microwave every two minutes and stir. Once the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is lightly bubbling, it’s ready to stir through the chocolate and sea salt.
- Use full fat sweetened condensed milk – full fat sweetened condensed milk will set firmer than skim condensed milk. I always recommend using full fat sweetened condensed milk when baking.
- Use white chocolate melts or white cooking chocolate – these melt easier than a normal block of white chocolate and will result in a smoother and creamier fudge.
How Long Will Fudge Last?
Fudge will last in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks or in the fridge (sealed in an airtight container) for 2-3 weeks. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months (allow to come to room temperature before consuming).
More Microwave Fudge Recipes
If you love fudge, then make sure you check out these delicious recipes:
- Microwave Chocolate Baileys Fudge
- Microwave Tim Tam Fudge
- Microwave Rocky Road Fudge
- Microwave Cookies & Cream Fudge (3 ingredients!)
- 4 Ingredient Microwave Christmas Fudge
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
Can I make this recipe using a stove-top instead of a microwave?
Yes, absolutely! Simply melt the butter, brown sugar and sweetened condensed milk over medium/high heat (stirring continuously) until melted. Remove from the heat and stir through the white chocolate melts and sea salt.
What if my microwave is a different wattage to yours?
My recipe has been made using an 1100 watt microwave. If your microwave has a higher wattage, you may need to cook it for less time. Lower wattage microwaves may need to be cooked longer. Remove the fudge from the microwave every 2 minutes to check if its melted.
VIDEO: HOW TO MAKE MICROWAVE SALTED CARAMEL FUDGE
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Facebook or Instagram. And if you love baking, then please come and join my Facebook cooking club group or subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Microwave Salted Caramel Fudge
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 395 g sweetened condensed milk
- 500 g brown sugar
- good pinch of sea salt (plus extra for sprinkling)
- 250 g white chocolate
- Grease and line a 18X28cm rectangular slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the butter, condensed milk and brown sugar into a microwave-safe bowl. Melt together in the microwave for 8 minutes (take out and stir every 2 minutes) - see tips below.
- Stir through the sea salt and white chocolate melts.
- Pour the fudge into the prepared tin and sprinkle over the extra sea salt.
- Place into the fridge to set for 2 hours before cutting into pieces.