A smooth and creamy classic Banana Smoothie made with bananas, milk, yoghurt, vanilla and honey.
Ready in just 2 minutes, this tasty smoothie can be enjoyed as a healthy breakfast on-the-go or an after school energy boost.
This conventional and Thermomix banana smoothie is so quick and easy to make (it will be ready in just 2 minutes!)
Plus it's sweet and creamy flavour makes it an all-time favourite with kids and adults alike!
Made from just a few simple ingredients (that you probably already have at home!), this banana smoothie is deliciously fresh and nourishing, perfect for a quick breakfast or an after school snack!
Why You're Going To Love This Recipe
- Only 5 ingredients - this healthy smoothie is made using just a few basic ingredients (that you most likely already have on hand!)... which means that you can have this banana smoothie recipe whipped up in no time!
- Easy to make - simply add all ingredients to your Thermomix or blenderwhizz, until smooth, then serve!
- Healthy & nutritious - packed with healthy fats, fibre, protein, vitamins, and minerals, this smoothie is an excellent way to start your day!
- Versatile - you can easily customise this recipe by adding different fruits, nut butter, seeds, or many other mix-ins. Even swap your plain yoghurt for a berry one if you like.
What You Need
A perfect way to use up ripe bananas too!
Note: Please scroll to the recipe card at the bottom for ingredient quantities and the full detailed method.
- Bananas - large bananas, preferably frozen.
- Yoghurt - you can use vanilla or greek varieties. Greek yoghurt is a thick yoghurt containing little or no sugar.
- Milk - feel free to use any variety that you like.
- Vanilla extract - or vanilla essence.
- Honey - this ingredient is optional but highly recommended!
No fancy equipment is required to make this yummy classic banana smoothie!
You will simply need:
- A blender, food processor or Thermomix.
- Glasses for serving.
Step By Step Instructions
It couldn't be simpler, just blitz ingredients and serve up an icy cold, creamy smoothie!
Note: Please scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the post for ingredient quantities and the full detailed method.
Step 1 - Place Ingredients In Blender
Place the banana, yoghurt, milk, vanilla extract, and honey into a blender, food processor (or Thermomix).
Step 2- Blend The Ingredients
Mix on HIGH speed for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
If using a Thermomix: Mix for 1-2 minutes on Speed 8.
Step 3- Serve The Smoothie
Pour into glasses, sprinkle with a little cinnamon (optional) and serve immediately.
- It's best to use frozen bananas as it gives the smoothie a creamy texture.
- If you're using fresh bananas, you can add a handful of ice if you like. Alternatively, you can add frozen cauliflower, which also gives the smoothie a creamy texture.
- By adding greek or vanilla yogurt to your healthy banana smoothie it gives it an even creamier and thicker texture.
- Try adding some ground flax seeds for a different texture and added nutrition.
- Use any kind of milk you like! Almond, oat, coconut, or cows milk are all great options.
- Add honey to taste (optional). Please note: honey is not safe for children under 1. Omit if serving to under 1-year-olds.
- Swap your plain yoghurt for a berry flavoured variety if you like.
- Add a tablespoon of peanut butter to make a delicious peanut butter banana smoothie.
Fruits that mix well with bananas include strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, mangoes, kiwi, and apples.
Add fresh or frozen fruit to your banana smoothie for a delicious flavour combo!
Bananas are an incredibly nutritious food packed full of vitamins, minerals, fibre, and natural sugar.
Not to mention they have absolutely no fat or cholesterol. Plus, thanks to the high levels of nutrients like B6, folate, Vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium found in bananas, just one glass of banana shake can fill you up for hours!
Absolutely! I recommend using frozen bananas for the ultimate icy and creamy texture, however, banana smoothies made with fresh bananas are just as delicious!
This easy banana smoothie can be served as a nutritious breakfast or a tasty and satisfying snack!
Here are a few of my most popular breakfast recipes:
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Facebook or Instagram. And if you love baking, then please come and join my Facebook cooking club group or subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Banana Smoothie | Thermomix & Conventional Methods
- 2 large (260g) bananas preferably frozen
- 125 g (½ cup) yoghurt vanilla or greek
- 125 g (½ cup) milk any variety (see notes)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp honey optional
- cinnamon optional, to sprinkle over
- Place the banana, yoghurt, milk, vanilla extract and honey into a blender, food processor or Thermomix.
- Mix on HIGH speed for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and creamy.If using a Thermomix: Mix for 1-2 minutes on Speed 8.
- Pour into glasses, sprinkle with a little cinnamon (optional) and serve immediately.
- It's best to use frozen banana as it give the smoothie an icy and creamy texture.
- If you're using fresh banana, you can add a handful of ice if you like. Alternatively, you can add frozen cauliflower which also gives the smoothie a creamy texture.
- Use any kind of milk you like! Almond, oat, coconut or cows milk are all great options.
- Swap your plain yoghurt for a berry favoured one if you like.
- Add honey to taste (optional). Please note: honey is not safe for children under 1, omit if serving to under 1 year olds.