A simple Macaroni & Vegetable Frittata Bake made with capsicum, carrots, corn, peas and ham. Perfect for kids and toddlers, or as an easy midweek dinner.
These days I am all about simple food that is:
c) tastes good (obviously!!), and;
d) can be made with basic ingredients (preferably those that you already have at home!)
Soooooo… I bring to you my Cheesy Macaroni & Vegetable Frittata Bake. And I promise that it ticks all of those boxes!!
We ALWAYS have pasta in the cupboard. Actually I lie… we always have about 6 packets of different pasta sitting in the cupboard! I certainly love a yummy pasta for dinner (like my favourite 4 ingredient carbonara or my creamy chicken pesto pasta), but my little Will isn’t so much of a pasta fan…. well not on it’s own anyway!
But this Cheesy Macaroni & Vegetable Frittata Bake solves that problem entirely… it’s got all the yummy pasta-goodness going on, but it’s in a cheesy-eggy-frittata-style bake. Aren’t kids funny how they don’t like something when it’s served one way, but LOVE it a different way!?
I used chopped carrot, corn, peas and capsicum in my frittata bake, but you could absolutely use any other vegetables you have at home. I also added some ham for extra flavour, but bacon would be just as delicious (or leave it out entirely for a vegetarian option).
This Cheesy Macaroni & Vegetable Frittata Bake really is one of those super simple recipes that you can chuck everything into a bowl together, mix it up and pop it in the oven to bake. No fuss, hardly any dishes… just easy and yummy food.
Ooh and just a word of warning, this makes a BIG batch! We ate it for dinner, then lunch the following day and there was still SOOOO much leftover. You can freeze it in an airtight container for up to 2 months – which is super handy for a quick ‘grab and go’ lunch.
Video: How to make Cheesy Macaroni & Vegetable Frittata Bake…
Macaroni & Vegetable Frittata Bake
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 150 g ham, chopped
- 2 cups cooked macaroni pasta
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- extra grated cheese, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan forced). Grease a large 30cm X 40cm rectangular baking tray and set aside.
- Place the eggs and milk into a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour into the prepared tin and sprinkle with the extra grated cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden on top and set in the middle.
- Allow to cool before cutting into slices.