Introducing the famous 3 Ingredient Christmas Cake (fruit cake) made from mixed fruit, iced coffee and self-raising flour! Award winning, super easy and totally delicious!
If you’ve been coming to Bake Play Smile for a little while now you’ll know that I’m a big, BIG fan of simple, no-fuss recipes. In fact, any recipe with the words ‘3 ingredients’ in it, is pretty much my favourite thing ever. And so I bring to you (a recipe I’ve been hanging out to try for ages!)… the famous 3 ingredient Christmas cake!! Whoop whoop!!
Yep, I’m sure you’ve probably heard of this cake before. It’s a CWA award winning recipe (so you know it’s going to be good!). And it needs only 3 ingredients!! I know… crazy, right!!??
I must admit that I’m not someone who makes a fruit cake each year for Christmas (A cheesecake… yes! A fruit cake… not so much!). I’d never be organised enough to soak my fruit weeks in advance (at least I think that’s what you do with traditional Christmas cakes!?). But this overnight 3 ingredient Christmas cake has me totally sold. It’s all the deliciousness of a classic Christmas cake BUT without any fuss. Love that!!
Oh and did I mention that it’s also:
- and has no added sugar…!
I’ve popped a couple of tips in the notes section of the recipe below… but seriously, you can’t go wrong with this cake. If you’re not a fan of using iced coffee, you can simply swap it for ones of the suggested substitutes! Easy, peasy.
And the best part of all, this 3 ingredient Christmas cake takes only 5 minutes to prepare (plus the overnight soaking time of course). But 5 minutes is NOTHING!! Especially when you’re whipping up a delicious fruity cake. YUM!
VIDEO: HOW TO MAKE THE FAMOUS 3 INGREDIENT CHRISTMAS CAKE
Love this recipe? Check out our range of Christmas recipe eBooks (available in both Thermomix and conventional versions). These can be downloaded immediately, saved to your computer, tablet, iPad or phone. Or if you’d prefer a hardcopy, all of the eBooks can be printed to A4 size.
The Famous 3 Ingredient Christmas Cake
- 1 kg (6 cups) dried mixed fruit see recipe notes
- 600 ml (2 1/2 cups) iced coffee see notes
- 265 g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- Place the mixed dried fruit into a very large bowl. Add the iced coffee (or liquid substitute) and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and place into the fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius (fan-forced). Grease and line a 23cm cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Stir the self-raising flour through the fruit mixture and pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour (see notes) or until the cake feels firm in the middle and a skewer inserted comes out with a few moist crumbs on it.