A fun party rocky road recipe made with milk chocolate, turkish delight, marshmallows, licorice allsorts and sprinkles!
I have a confession to make... I am OBSESSED with rocky road!! And what's not to love, right? It's full of chocolate, marshmallows and as many AMAZING tasting add-ins you can think of!
The ingredients for rocky road
Rocky road is made from just a few basic ingredients (and then you can choose your own add-ins). The basic ingredients are:
- melted chocolate
And then you can add in absolutely anything you like!
For this party rocky road recipe, I also added:
- Turkish delight bars, chopped into chunks
- Licorice allsorts, chopped into small pieces
- sprinkles (or 100s and 1000s)
Other yummy rocky road add-ins include: nuts, raspberry lollies, biscuits and dried fruit.
How to make rocky road in the microwave
Making rocky road in the microwave is the EASIEST thing to do! No mess, one bowl, super quick and simple.
Here's some tips for making rocky road in the microwave:
- break the chocolate into pieces
- melt the chocolate on 50% power in 30 second bursts (stir every 30 seconds until just melted)
- once the chocolate has just melted - it's ready (don't overcook it!)
- the coconut oil helps with the consistency of the melted chocolate (but it's not absolutely essential - it just makes it easier to work with)
10 Minute Rocky Road
The best thing about this rocky road recipe is that it takes only 10 minutes to make.... that's nothing, right!!!??
The hardest part is waiting for it to set in the fridge (which will take about 30 minutes - 1 hour). Eeeek that waiting time is HARD!!!
So that's it! A super easy, quick and delicious rocky road recipe that is bright, colourful and so much FUN!!!!
The BEST Rocky Road Recipes
If you love rocky road as much as I do... then you NEEEEED these recipes in your life. STAT!!!
- Clinkers Rocky Road
- Turkish Delight Rocky Road
- Caramel Popcorn, Peanut & Turkish Delight Rocky Road
- Microwave Rocky Road Fudge
- White Chocolate Rocky Road
Party Rocky Road
- 500 g milk chocolate
- 20 g coconut oil - optional (see notes)
- 100 g marshmallows, cut in half
- 110 g turkish delight bars, chopped into small chunks
- 150 g licorice allsorts, chopped
- sprinkles (or 100s and 1000s) to decorate
- Line the base and sides of a 18 x 28cm rectangular slice tray with baking paper.
- Place the milk chocolate and coconut oil into a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat, uncovered, on 50% power, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, for 4-5 minutes or until the chocolate and coconut oil melts (if using a Thermomix, melt on 80 degrees, Speed 2 for 3-4 minutes).
- Remove from the microwave and stir until smooth.
- Stir through the marshmallows, Turkish Delight and licorce allsorts (if using a Thermomix, mix on Reverse Speed 2 until combined - using the spatula to help mix).
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking tray, decorate with the sprinkles and then place in the fridge for 2 hours or until completely set.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into slices (if you are having trouble cutting the slice, run your knife under hot water and then dry completely before cutting - the heat will help to cut the slice evenly).