A deliciously layered Lamington Ice-Cream Cake inspired by everyone’s favourite treat! Strawberry ice-cream, chocolate lamington fingers, vanilla ice-cream and raspberry topping make this no-bake dessert a total winner!
When it comes to Australian favourites… it’s pretty hard to beat a good old lamington. Well that is, until now! Move over simple (delicious) lamingtons and make way for this four-layered Lamington Ice-Cream Cake!!!
And don’t be put off by the whole ‘four layers’ thing. It might sound complicated, but I promise it’s the easiest thing ever.
Ice-cream, lamingtons, ice-cream, lamingtons… that’s it!!
Oooh I should add that this cake does need to be made the day before serving to allow it enough time to completely firm up (and yes, you can make it a couple of days beforehand!).
Once frozen, the lamington fingers will remain deliciously soft, while the creaminess of the ice-cream and the crunch of the chocolate ice-magic help to make it the ice-cream cake that dreams are made of. DEEEELISH!!!
This really is the perfect Aussie summer dessert. Just whip it up, pop it in the freezer, decorate… and most importantly, devour! No fuss, no cooking – just a super simple Lamington Ice-Cream Cake.
Love ice-cream cakes? Check out these ones too!
- Chocolate Caramel & Honeycomb Ice-Cream Cake
- Peppermint Ice-Cream Cake
- Triple Layer Clinkers Ice-Cream Cake
Lamington Ice-Cream Cake
- 4 litre tub neapolitan ice-cream
- 2 X 350 g packets lamington fingers
- 1/4 cup raspberry topping
- ice-magic, extra lamington fingers, M&Ms, to decorate
- Line a square baking tin with plastic wrap (allowing it to overhang the edges).
- Seperate the 3 colours of ice-cream (see notes). Place the chocolate back into the tub, and place the vanilla and strawberry flavours into 2 seperate bowls.
- Place the vanilla ice-cream bowl into the freezer while you start preparing the first layers.
- Allow the strawberry ice-cream to soften (but not melt). Spoon it into the base of the prepared square tin and use a spoon to spread it out evenly.
- Place the lamington fingers in an even layer over the top and then put in the freezer to set.
- Take the vanilla ice-cream out of the freezer and allow to soften.
- Take the ice-cream cake out of the freezer and drizzle raspberry topping over the top of the lamingtons.
- Spread over the softened vanilla ice-cream and then add another layer of chocolate lamington fingers. Cover with extra plastic wrap and place back into the freezer for a minimum of 6 hours (overnight is best).
- To decorate, take the ice-cream cake out of the freezer and turn it upside down on a serving board. Cover with ice-magic (allowing it to drip down the sides). Decorate with extra chopped lamington fingers, raspberry topping and M&Ms. Place back into the freezer for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.