Double chocolate brownie bliss balls are totally raw, guilt-free & incredibly delicious! Ready in just 5 minutes… these really are the best healthy treat!
I must say that I do love a good bliss ball, and I think there’s two reasons why I like them so much:
(a) They’re really healthy and a great little energy booster.
(b) They taste like you’re eating a really naughty treat… but you’re totally not!
Clearly, (b) is a way more important factor than (a), but nevertheless, bliss balls are the perfect way to get you through a really, really long afternoon at work.
My Peanut Butter Brownie Bliss Balls were one of the most popular recipes on Bake Play Smile during 2014 – and seriously if you haven’t tried them… OMG you must! Anyway, I have a weird little obsession with playing around with bliss ball recipes and I think I’ve finally found one as good as the Peanut Butter Brownie ones. Yep, a whole lot of taste testing went into perfecting these little babies.
And so, here are my Double Chocolate Brownie Bliss Balls. They’re totally raw and guilt-free. They’ll even save you from the worst afternoon slump ever. I could have just made Chocolate Brownie Bliss Balls, but really? Where’s the fun in that. Double chocolate is far more fun.
This recipe is based on my Peanut Butter Brownie Bliss Balls, but with a few little super yummy changes. To make the bliss balls you’ll need: almonds, pitted dates (medjool work well too), vanilla extract, agave syrup, cacao powder (or cocoa powder) and cacao nibs.
Pop the dates, agave syrup, vanilla extract and cacao powder into a food processor or Thermomix and blend until the mixture resembles a paste. Add in the almonds and press turbo several times, until your desired texture is achieved. Add in the cacao nibs and mix through with a spoon.
Roll into tablespoon sized balls and pop into an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
If you’re after a healthy snack – you need to make these. If you’re after a mid-afternoon pick me up – you need to make these. If you like to trick your body into thinking that it’s eating some totally devilish treat – then you REALLY need to make these!!!!!!
Happy bliss balling!
Raw & Guilt-Free Double Chocolate Brownie Bliss Balls
- ¾ cup raw almonds
- 1 tbs cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 12 pitted dates dried or medjool
- 2-3 tbs agave syrup honey or rice malt syrup could also be used
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs or you could use dark chocolate chips
- Place the dates, agave syrup, vanilla extract and cacao powder into a food processor or Thermomix and blend until the mixture resembles a paste.
- Add in the almonds and press pulse/turbo several times, until your desired texture is achieved.
- Add in the cacao nibs and mix through with a spoon.
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls and pop into an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.