Our 5 ingredient Iced Vovo Tarts are a yummy twist on the classic Arnott’s biscuit! Think sweet pastry shells filled with jam, marshmallow mixture and sprinkled with coconut… and ready in just 10 minutes!
What are Iced Vovo biscuits?
If you’re an Aussie girl (or guy!) you’ll know ALL about iced vovo biscuits (you probably grew up sneaking them out of the pantry, right!!?). But if you’re not familiar with them, here’s the low-down!
Iced vovo biscuits are a classic Australian biscuit made by Arnotts. They have:
- a biscuit base
- strip of jam
- pink marshmallow/fondant on top
- sprinkled with coconut
A fun 5 ingredient recipe ready in 10 minutes
These Iced Vovo Tarts are a fun little take on the classic biscuit… and they’re so simple and quick to make!
All you need is:
- mini tart shells
- raspberry jam
- desiccated coconut
Using store-bought pastry tart shells will save you SO much time and effort. You can grab a mini pack of 12 for just a couple of dollars.
Then it’s just a matter of adding a little spoonful of jam to the base of each tart, topping with a melted marshmallow and cream mixture and then sprinkling over desiccated coconut. That’s IT!!!
How long will these last?
These tarts are best made on the day of serving. Prepare them and store in an airtight container until needed. I also find it easiest to prepare them while the tart shells are still in their packaging tray as it holds them nicely in place while you fill them.
Iced vovo inspired recipes
If you love iced vovo biscuits, then check out these yummy recipes!
Iced Vovo Tarts
- 12 mini tart shells (see notes)
- 50 g raspberry jam
- 100 g marshmallows
- 20 g pouring cream
- desiccated coconut, to sprinkle
- Place the mini tart shells on a serving dish.
- Add a teaspoon of raspberry jam into the bottom of each tart shell.
- Melt the marshmallows and cream in the microwave on 50% power until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the tart shells and sprinkle over the desiccated coconut.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature (see notes).
More classic Australian recipes
If you’re looking for a collection of the very yummiest Australian inspired recipes… look no further! Check out all these Aussie classics here.