Our ‘Cookies in a Jar’ make a unique homemade gift for Christmas, birthdays or any special occasion. Includes a free printable recipe gift tag label.
These white chocolate and cranberry flavoured ‘Cookies in a Jar’ are the BEST little homemade Christmas gift (or a gift for anytime of the year!!). They’re quick and easy to make, look gorgeous… and taste even better!
How to make ‘Cookies in a Jar’
- start with a 1 litre glass jar
- add each layer of dry ingredients using a spoon
- seal the jar
- tie on the free printable recipe gift tag
- give to a friend, neighbour or teacher
- ….. soooo easy!
Tips for making ‘Cookies in a Jar’
- If you’re making multiple jars, line them up in a row and place the first ingredient in each one and then repeat with the remaining ingredients (like your own little production line).
- Have a clean dry cloth or paper towel ready to wipe down any excess of the dry ingredients from the inside of glass as you go.
- Use a spoon to carefully add each of the ingredients to the jar.
- If you have a bit of room left at the top of your jar, simply add in some extra white chocolate chips.
Where can I buy the glass jars?
You can buy 1 litre glass jars from Kmart, most $2 shops or discount stores (they usually cost about $1.50-$3.00 each).
Free Printable Gift Tag for ‘Cookies in a Jar’
Click here to download your free printable gift tags (alternatively you can handwrite your own tag).
Brownies in a Jar
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 tsp bi-carbonate soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
To make 'cookies in a jar' you'll need a 1 litre glass jar.
In a small bowl, mix the plain flour, baking powder, bi-carb soda and salt together.
Carefully spoon the flour mixture into the bottom of the glass jar. Gently move the flour around so that you have an even layer.
Gently spoon the brown sugar in an even layer over the flour.
Continue creating layers in the following order: caster sugar, rolled oats, dried cranberries, white chocolate chips.
Close the lid of the glass jar (if you have any extra space at the top of the jar, simply top up with extra chocolate chips).
Print out our free recipe gift tag and attach to the jar with a ribbon (see notes).
If you would prefer to handwrite your own gift tag rather than use our free printable, simply write: Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius. Pour ingredients into a large bowl. Add 125g melted butter, 1 lightly beaten egg & 1 tsp vanilla extract. Mix well. Roll the mixture into balls and place onto a large baking tray. cook for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
To create even layers in the jar, use a spoon to gently add each layer of ingredients. You can also use a dry tea towel or paper towel to wipe down the inside of the glass as you go.