Our 'Cookies in a Jar' make a unique homemade gift for Christmas, birthdays or any special occasion. Includes a free printable recipe gift tag label.
These white chocolate and cranberry flavoured 'Cookies in a Jar' are the BEST little homemade Christmas gift (or a gift for anytime of the year!!). They're quick and easy to make, look gorgeous... and taste even better!
How to make 'Cookies in a Jar'
- start with a 1 litre glass jar
- add each layer of dry ingredients using a spoon
- seal the jar
- tie on the free printable recipe gift tag
- give to a friend, neighbour or teacher
- ..... soooo easy!
Tips for making 'Cookies in a Jar'
- If you're making multiple jars, line them up in a row and place the first ingredient in each one and then repeat with the remaining ingredients (like your own little production line).
- Have a clean dry cloth or paper towel ready to wipe down any excess of the dry ingredients from the inside of glass as you go.
- Use a spoon to carefully add each of the ingredients to the jar.
- If you have a bit of room left at the top of your jar, simply add in some extra white chocolate chips.
Where can I buy the glass jars?
You can buy 1 litre glass jars from Kmart, most $2 shops or discount stores (they usually cost about $1.50-$3.00 each).
Free Printable Gift Tag for 'Cookies in a Jar'
Click here to download your free printable gift tags (alternatively you can handwrite your own tag).
Cookies in a Jar
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ¼ tsp bi-carbonate soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 100 g dried cranberries
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- To make 'cookies in a jar' you'll need a 1 litre glass jar.
- In a small bowl, mix the plain flour, baking powder, bi-carb soda and salt together.
- Carefully spoon the flour mixture into the bottom of the glass jar. Gently move the flour around so that you have an even layer.
- Gently spoon the brown sugar in an even layer over the flour.
- Continue creating layers in the following order: caster sugar, rolled oats, dried cranberries, white chocolate chips.
- Close the lid of the glass jar (if you have any extra space at the top of the jar, simply top up with extra chocolate chips).
- Print out our free recipe gift tag and attach to the jar with a ribbon (see notes).