This M&Ms chocolate cake is the perfect birthday cake! It’s so simple to make and looks amazing. Decorated with chocolate biscuits, frosting & M&Ms… this is sure to be a hit!
Everyone has a friend who absolutely LOVES M&Ms right?? Don’t get me wrong, I’m a massive fan of M&Ms… but there’s a big difference between a massive fan and someone who is known far and wide for their total and utter love of M&Ms. Yep… we all know someone like that!
And that M&M-loving friend of mine is a gorgeous girl I went to uni with (aaaaagggggeeeesss ago!!). She loved M&Ms back then… and probably does even more now! And so, this M&Ms Chocolate Cake seemed like the perfect way to celebrate this special girls birthday.
This is literally the easiest birthday cake you will ever make. I used my good old melt and mix chocolate cake recipe (seriously it’s freaking amazing and so simple), but you could totally use a store-bought chocolate cake if you’re short on time (pinky promise I won’t tell).
Then, to put this M&Ms chocolate cake together, it’s simply a matter of slathering it in frosting (top and sides), decorating the sides with chocolate finger biscuits, and then making the top look super pretty with M&Ms… and more biscuits! If you want to check out how I decorated this cake, watch my quick little video below.
Ooh and I have to tell you a cute little story before I go. Will is now 17 months old and the number of words he is saying is just crazy!! He’s definitely like his mumma and a total chatterbox. Anyway, his favourite word at the moment is ‘cookie’… I think the obsession comes from Cookie Monster on Sesame St (his favourite show right now) and because he helps to bake cookies with me. Anyway, Will spent the whole time I decorated this cake saying ‘cookie, cookie, cookie’. Haha he’s definitely my son…!!
Super Easy M&Ms Chocolate Cake
- 1 X chocolate cake (see notes for the recipe I used)
- 1 x 450g tub chocolate frosting
- 2 X 200g packets chocolate finger biscuits
- 400 g M&Ms
- Make the chocolate cake according to the instructions (or use a bought one). Allow to cool completely.
- Cover the top and sides of the cake with frosting.
- Decorate the sides of the cake with the chocolate finger biscuits.
- Add chocolate fingers biscuits to the top of the cake to act as dividers for the M&Ms.
- Place the M&Ms into the different sections of the cake.
- Add a small amount of frosting to the top of the chocolate fingers biscuits on the top of the cake and cover with extra M&Ms.
- Tie a ribbon around the outside of the cake.