These Easy Blueberry Muffins are absolutely delicious (and so simple!). They take less than 5 minutes to prepare… in fact, the hardest part is stopping yourself at just 1 (or 3!).
Ok so this might seem like a really obvious thing to say, but seriously, how GREAT are blueberry muffins? And these ones… umm SO easy!!
For these yummy & easy blueberry muffins I used my favourite no-fail muffin recipe. It’s ridiculously quick and simple. AND you really only need pantry and fridge staples (which means you don’t even need to leave the house!!).
The trick to these easy blueberry muffins is to make sure that the mixture doesn’t get over-mixed. As soon as you over-mix your ingredients you’ll end up with dense muffins. So mix everything together until it’s just combined (a few lumps are perfectly fine!) and then gently fold through the blueberries. Simple, right? Yep, and you’ll have the most deliciously light muffins.
Oooh one of my other favourite tricks when making muffins is to add a sprinkle of raw sugar to the top of each muffin case just before baking. Doing so will mean that you’ll end up with the most kick-ass crunchy muffin tops ever. Love, love, love a crunchy topped muffin!
I personally think that muffins are the best on the day you’ve made them (straight out of the oven = out of this world!). But you can of course, pop them into an airtight container and they’ll keep for a couple of days.
If you can’t eat the whole batch straight away, you can also freeze them in sealed plastic bags or a container. Easy as (and great when you need a snack on the run!). If you freeze them while they’re still fresh, they’ll be absolutely delicious.
Hmm.. what else can I tell you about these easy blueberry muffins? Well really, the most important things are:
- they’re quick
- they’re ridiculously easy
- they taste pretty darn fab
- yep…. that’s pretty much it!!!
Make them, make them, make them. Like right now! And then grab yourself a cuppa and a trashy magazine (or Netflix.. of course) and enjoy – because you totally deserve it!!
Easy Blueberry Muffins
- 265 g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 170 g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 50 g (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 240 g (1 cup) milk
- 125 g blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tbs raw sugar optional, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius (180 if using fan-forced).
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Sift the self raising flour into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and stir together.
- Create a well in the centre of the dry mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, oil and milk.
- Pour the liquid into the well and very gently fold the mixture together (the batter should be slightly lumpy - do not over-mix).
- Very gently fold through the blueberries (do not over-mix).
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases (fill 2/3 to the top).
- Sprinkle each muffin with raw sugar (optional).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool in the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius (180 if using fan-forced). Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Place the self raising flour into the TM bowl and sift by pressing Turbo 5 times.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix on Speed 5 for 5 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat for a further 5 seconds (the batter should be lumpy).
- Use the spatular to gently fold through the blueberries (do not over-mix). Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases (fill 2/3 to the top). Sprinkle each muffin with raw sugar (optional).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool in the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adding a sprinkle of raw sugar to the top of the muffins gives a lovely crunch when cooked.