Need a quick and easy last minute Christmas treat that tastes great? These 5 Minute Christmas Bauble Cookies are just the thing... and they're super cute too!
In the lead up to Christmas everyone is so much busier than usual. It seems like there's a zillion Christmas parties and end-of-year breakups going on. And we all know that most of these get-togethers involve the whole 'bring a plate' thing. Yep. That.
And so, I bring you the easiest and quickest 'bring a plate' party food idea ever! These 5 Minute Christmas Bauble Cookies are just so crazy simple... plus they're completely no-bake which means the kids can help out too (although in that case, change the 5 minutes prep time to 50 minutes and a whole lot of washing up!!).
To make these gorgeous little Christmas Bauble Cookies, you will need:
- 1 X 250g packet Arnott's Marie biscuits (or any plain, sweet, round biscuit)
- 1 tub store-bought vanilla frosting (from the baking aisle)
- 1 X 240g bag Christmas M&Ms
- 2 tubes Cadbury Dairy Milk round chocolates (or Rolos)
Then it's simply a matter of laying the biscuits flat on a chopping board, spreading over the vanilla frosting, adding the red and green M&Ms, and finally, popping the Cadbury chocolate round on top. Oh my gosh... I know I told you it was easy, but really!! These are SO easy.
I tried to keep these cookies as simple as possible. Mainly because we all know that when it comes to kids, they're not going to go for the fancy Christmas party food - they'll be going for the bikkie with a little bit of chocolate on top! Seriously, they're so easily pleased!
I timed myself making these cookies (because I'm all kinds of nerdy like that) and I made 24 cookies in 5 minutes. I did kind of try to race around decorating them as quick as I could - but I think it was still a pretty good effort!! All in all, these Christmas Bauble Cookies are one incredibly fast way to 'bring a plate'!!
What are your go-to Christmas party food recipes?
Love this recipe? Check out our range of Christmas recipe eBooks (available in both Thermomix and conventional versions). These can be downloaded immediately, saved to your computer, tablet, iPad or phone. Or if you'd prefer a hardcopy, all of the eBooks can be printed to A4 size.
5 Minute Christmas Bauble Cookies
- 250 g Arnott's Marie biscuits or any plain, sweet, round biscuit
- 400 g tub store-bought vanilla frosting from the baking aisle
- 240 g Christmas M&Ms
- 2 tubes Cadbury Dairy Milk round chocolates or Rolos
- Lay the biscuits flat on a chopping board or baking tray.
- Spread the vanilla frosting over the top of each cookies with a knife.
- Decorate with the red and green M&Ms.
- Add a round chocolate to the top of each cookie.
- Allow the frosting to set (please note: most frostings will still stay slightly soft).