- 250 g cream pouring or thickened
- 90 g (⅓ cup) brown sugar
- 3 tbs golden syrup see notes
- 20 g butter
- 200 g dark chocolate grated
Place all of the ingredients (except for the dark chocolate) into a saucepan.
Bring to the boil over medium heat.
Reduce heat to low and stir continuously for five minutes.
Add the grated dark chocolate and stir quickly.
Remove from heat and continue to stir until the chocolate has completely melted.
Pour into sterilised jars and keep refrigerated for up to 1 month.
Grate the dark chocolate by pressing Turbo 6-7 times.
Add all remaining ingredients. Cook for 12 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed 2 (note: the sauce will thicken on cooling).
Pour into sterilised jars and store in the fridge for up to 1 month.
RECIPE NOTES & TIPS
More Recipe Tips:
Stirring the sauce - while the sauce is cooking on the stove, it's important to stir it continuously to ensure it cooks evenly and avoids the sauce burning on the bottom of the saucepan.
Reheating - the fudge sauce will thicken and firm once chilled. When ready to use, simply heat in 30 second increments in the microwave until melted. If you would only like to use a portion of the fudge sauce, simply reheat the portion that you would like and keep the rest in the fridge.
Storing - store the chocolate fudge sauce in a sterilised glass jar or sealed bottle in the fridge for up to one month.
Freezing - this recipe is not suitable for freezing.
- Golden Syrup - this (along with the brown sugar) helps to give the sauce that beautiful caramel flavour. Golden syrup is a cane sugar syrup popular in Australian, New Zealand and British baking recipes. If golden syrup is not available where you live, you can replace it with corn syrup, honey or maple syrup.
- Dark Chocolate - I like to use good quality baking or cooking chocolate as it melts easily when added to the hot sauce. Cadbury or Nestle are popular brands of cooking chocolate in Australia.
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 19mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 266IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 2mg