- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry thawed
- 250 g thin slices of ham approximately 12 slices
- 165 g (2 cups) grated cheese cheddar, swiss, tasty or any melty cheese
Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius (fan-forced) or 375 degrees fahrenheit.
Line two trays with baking paper and set aside.
Overlap half of the ham slices on one of the sheets of puff pastry. Sprinkle with half of the grated cheese. Repeat with the remaining sheet of puff pastry.
Starting at one end, roll the pastry tightly into a long log. Trim the ends so that they are even.
Use a sharp, serrated knife to carefully cut each log into 1-2cm (½-inch) wide slices.
Lay the rolls flat and 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
Bake approx 15 minutes until the puff pastry is lightly golden and the cheese has melted.
RECIPE NOTES & TIPS
Storing - Pinwheels can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Reheat in the oven or air fryer before consuming.
Freezing - Absolutely! Pinwheels can be frozen in an airtight container (with layers of baking paper in between) for up to 3 months. They can be defrosted and reheated, or reheated directly from frozen.
- basil or sundried tomato pesto and cheese
- prosciutto, cheese and sundried tomatoes
- Vegemite (or Marmite) and cheese
- pizza sauce and salami with cheese
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 217mg | Potassium: 49mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 69IU | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1mg