- 250 g Arnotts Choc Ripple biscuits see notes
- 380 g Nestle Caramel Top N Fill
- sea salt for sprinkling
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan-forced).
In batches (see notes), place 6 biscuits over each hole of a 12-hole patty pan tin. Bake for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
Remove from the oven and then quickly and carefully press softened biscuits into the patty pan holes (see notes). Allow to cool for a few minutes.
Remove the biscuits from the patty pan tin and set aside on a serving plate. Repeat the process with the remaining biscuits in batches of 6.
Place the Caramel Top N Fill into a bowl and whisk until smooth and creamy.
Spoon the caramel filling into the biscuit moulds and top with a sprinkle of sea salt. Place into the fridge to set.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
RECIPE NOTES & TIPS
- Arnott's Chocolate Ripple biscuits - are a classic crunchy, sweet Australian chocolate cookie. If you can't buy Choc Ripple biscuits, you can use any kind of plain chocolate cookies you like.
- Nestle Caramel Top N Fill - is a very thick ready to use caramel. If you can't buy Caramel Top N Fill, you can use any (very) thick caramel you like.
- Softening the biscuits - they only need to be softened for a couple of minutes in the oven... and then they'll harden quite quickly! So I recommend softening 6 at a time and pressing them down into the moulds immediately after taking them out of the oven.
- Moulding the tart shell - use a round (soup) spoon to gently press the softened biscuits into the moulds.
- Storing - you can store these caramel chocolate tartlets in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Please note - the biscuits will slightly soften over this time.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 67mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.6mg