Microwave or Thermomix
- 500 g milk chocolate melts
- 20 g coconut oil optional (See notes)
- 100 g marshmallows cut in half
- 110 g Turkish Delight bars chopped into small chunks
- 150 g licorice allsorts chopped
- sprinkles (or 100s & 1000s) to decorate
Line the base and sides of a 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice tray with baking paper.
Place the milk chocolate melts and coconut oil into a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Heat, uncovered, on 50% power, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, for 4-5 minutes or until the chocolate and coconut oil melts. Remove from the microwave and stir until smooth.If using a Thermomix: Add the milk chocolate melts and coconut oil to the Thermomix bowl. Melt for 3-4 minutes, 80 degrees, Speed 2. Stir through the marshmallows, Turkish Delight and licorce allsorts with a spatula. If using a Thermomix: Add the marshmallows, Turkish Delight and licorce allsorts to the Thermomix bowl. Mix on REVERSE, Speed 2 until combined - using the spatula to help mix.
Spread the mixture into the prepared baking tray, decorate with the sprinkles and then place in the fridge for 2 hours or until completely set.
Use a sharp knife to cut into slices. (See notes)
RECIPE NOTES & TIPS
- Melting chocolate - there are a few tricks and tips to prevent the chocolate from seizing when melting it in the microwave. You can read about them in this post here: How to Perfectly Melt Chocolate in the Microwave
- Coconut oil - helps with the consistency of the melted chocolate. It's listed as optional because it's not absolutely essential, but it does make the chocolate easier to work with.
- Substituting chocolate melts - you can certainly substitute with dark chocolate melts with no other changes required. If substituting with white chocolate melts, you could use traditional icing sugar coated Turkish Delight or chocolate coated Turkish Delight bars.
- Marshmallows - it is much easier to use a pair of sharp scissors to cut your marshmallows in half. If the blades are sticking, give them a very light, quick, spray with some spray oil.
- Cutting rocky road - running your knife under hot water and then drying it completely before cutting makes it easier. The heat in the blade will help to cut the slice evenly!
- Store - in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- Freeze for up to 3 months - allow to defrost in the fridge before consuming.
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 111mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1.4mg