- 65 g (½ cup) cashews raw and unsalted
- 45 g (½ cup) desiccated coconut
- lemon juice from half a lemon (approx 1 tbs)
- lemon zest finely grated, from 1 lemon
- 2 tbs rice malt syrup (or honey)
- desiccated coconut extra, for rolling (approx ½ cup)
Place all ingredients into a food processor, blender or Thermomix. If using a blender or food processor, blitz until all ingredients are finely chopped and the mixture comes together.If using a Thermomix, press Turbo until the mixture is finely chopped and comes together.
Take large teaspoonfuls of the mixture and roll into balls (see notes).
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
RECIPE NOTES & TIPS
- Doubling/Tripling - this recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- If your mixture is too crumbly or difficult to roll into balls - add a little water or extra lemon juice to the mixture and blitz again until it comes together easily.
- Protein Powder - if adding protein powder, you'll need to add a small amount of extra lemon juice or water until the consistency is stick but firm enough to be able to be rolled into balls.
- Variations - you can substitute the lemon juice and zest with orange or lime.
- Storing & freezing - you can store these in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days and in the freezer for up to two months.
Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 118mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg