- 5 eggs room temperature
- 150 g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 60 g (¼ cup) vegetable oil
- 100 g cheese grated
- 375 g zucchini grated (approx 2 small/medium zucchinis)
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 3 bacon rashers chopped
- salt and pepper to season
Grease a 20cm x 30cm rectangular baking tin and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan-forced).
Place the eggs into a large bowl and whisk well.
Add the self-raising flour and oil and whisk until smooth.
Add the grated cheese, zucchini, onion and bacon and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden on top and cooked through (you can test if it's ready by inserting a skewer into the middle or pressing lightly onto the top).
Thermomix Instructions - Click the link in the notes section below for the Thermomix recipe.
RECIPE NOTES & TIPS
- Thermomix Zucchini Slice Recipe - click here for my Thermomix zucchini slice recipe.
- One bowl recipe - this recipe can be made using a mixing bowl or a Thermomix.
- If you notice that your slice is over-browning, simply place a sheet of foil loosely over the top and continue baking until cooked through.
- Storing zucchini slice - store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Alternatively, freeze for up to 3 months – allow to defrost in the fridge first.
- Reheat any leftovers in the microwave on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Variations - this is a very versatile recipe - add grated carrot, sweet potato, peas, corn etc. You can also substitute the bacon for ham.
- Vegetarian option - you can omit the bacon entirely for a vegetarian option.
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 1mg