These Lemon & White Chocolate Truffles will melt-in-your-mouth! Roll them in coconut or icing sugar for the perfect flavour combination.
You all know by now that I have a great love affair happening with anything lemon and white chocolate flavoured. Add some coconut into the mix and I’m like a pig in mud… but yummy, white chocolate tasting mud! So these Lemon & White Chocolate Truffles are like little bites of heaven for me.
Mind you, I actually made these truffles for two lovely aunties and one very special grandma, so I only got to sneak a couple while I was rolling them. I popped them into a little box as a homemade Christmas present – and we all know how much I love a homemade gift!!! There’s just something so special about being given a gift that someone has made for you. And anyway, it’s also far easier than trying to work our what to buy people who don’t really need anything.
How to make Lemon & White Chocolate Truffles..
I often make rum balls, or Tim Tam Balls, or Mint Slice Balls in the lead up to Christmas and LOVE them, but these little treats are the full on proper truffles that totally melt in your mouth. They’re made with white chocolate, cream and lemon extract. You simply melt the ingredients together until you have a beautiful ganache and then leave it in the fridge for a few hours to harden. Then it’s just a matter of rolling them into balls.
You then have the option of coating the truffles in either coconut (which is what I do) or sifted icing sugar. I personally prefer the coconut because it’s such a great flavour combination and helps to balance out the sweetness a bit (and that’s coming from a total and utter sugaraholic). However, if you prefer to use icing sugar -go for it!
Once you’ve made the truffles, they can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week. Because they’re made with cream, they’ll need to be popped into the fridge.
These little Lemon & White Chocolate truffles make the perfect homemade gift or super yummy dessert. But if you’re making them as a gift, just make sure you keep a couple for yourself!!
If you’re a fan of homemade foodie gifts, then check out this collection of recipes… all of my favourite DIY gifts together in one yummy post!
Lemon & White Chocolate Truffles
- 250 g white chocolate chopped
- 60 ml thickened cream
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Extra coconut or icing sugar to coat
- Melt the white chocolate, cream and lemon extract uncovered in the microwave for 2-3 minutes on 50% power (stirring every 30 seconds).
- Stir through the coconut.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 3 hours or until firm.
- Line a tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Roll 2 teaspoonfuls of mixture into a ball.
- Roll in the extra coconut or icing sugar to coat.
- Place onto the baking tray.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until needed (they will last up to 1 week).
Lemon & White Chocolate Truffles Thermomix Instructions:
1. Melt the white chocolate, cream and lemon extract on 50 degrees, Speed 2 for 3-4 minutes or until completely melted.
2. Add coconut and mix on Reverse Speed 2, 10 seconds.
3. Pour into a bowl.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 3 hours or until firm.
5. Line a tray with baking paper and set aside.
6. Roll 2 teaspoonfuls of mixture into a ball.
7. Roll in the coconut or icing sugar to coat.
8. Place onto the baking tray.
9. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until needed (they will last up to 1 week).