Need a family friendly dinner in a flash? This Italian Sausage and Broccoli Pasta Bake is exactly what you need… tasty and kid-friendly!
Scroll to the bottom of this post for our Italian Sausage and Broccoli Pasta Bake recipe…
Welcome to the first November edition of Fabulous Foodie Fridays! We hope you have all had a wonderful week and have been having lots of fun in the kitchen creating some of the amazing recipes we had linked up last week.
Here are five of my fave picks from last weeks party…
Don’t forget to visit Create Bake Make and check out Lauren’s picks!
This week it’s over to Lauren who is sharing a great family friendly dinner recipe.
Italian Sausage and Broccoli Pasta Bake recipe…
Hi everyone, this week I’m sharing a recipe for an easy, delicious and most importantly, toddler approved Italian Sausage and Broccoli Pasta Bake!
Recently I was sent a selection of Barilla products to try and have some fun with – including a jar of their new family size pasta sauce. Even before I made this recipe, I knew it would be a hit with my carb and sausage loving boys. This recipe is really simple to put together and I mean REALLY simple! The hardest part is removing the sausage meat from the cases, and even then I simply made a hole at one end and squeezed the meat out. My little helper also assisted with this and thought it was hilarious to see the meat falling out the end.
I like that this is one of those meals you can put together and be sitting down to enjoy it all within an hour – especially important when you have a couple of cranky and hungry toddlers at your feet.
This Italian Sausage and Broccoli Pasta Bake recipe is also versatile – don’t have any broccoli? Use eggplant, cauliflower or any other vegetable that’s in season.
Italian Sausage and Broccoli Pasta Bake - Fabulous Foodie Fridays #26
- 300 g of Barilla Fusilli Pasta
- 1 jar (575g) Barilla Cheese and Tomato Pasta Bake Sauce
- 650 g of italian sausages - outer casing removed
- 2 garlic cloves - crushed
- 1 tablespoon of dried mixed herbs
- 2 heads of broccoli cut into small florets
- 120 g of fresh parmesan cheese - finely grated
- 80 ml of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil.
- Remove the sausages from their cases, and cut into small pieces.
- Heat the oil, herbs and garlic in a frying pan, add the sausage meat and cook for 5 minutes.
- While the sausage meat is cooking, add the pasta and after 5 minutes, add the cut up broccoli.
- Drain the pasta just before it's completely cooked.
- In a large oven proof dish, combine the pasta, broccoli, pasta sauce and half the grated cheese. Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving - enjoy!
Lauren from Create Bake Make & Lucy from Bake Play Smile have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!