These Chocolate Mint Balls are the perfect healthy and guilt-free treat! Just 10 minutes prep time, freezer-friendly.... and totally delicious! What more could you want!?
If you've been visiting Bake Play Smile for a while now, you'll well and truly know that I love cake. And biscuits. And chocolate. And especially cheesecake. In fact, I really like ALL the naughty things. But like everyone, there comes a time when I really need to reign it back in and PUT THE CAKE DOWN!!!
Which brings me to these deliciously healthy Chocolate Mint Balls. These are seriously the best way to stop your sweet-tooth cravings BUT in a super yummy and guilt-free way. Heck yeah!
They're made from:
- medjool dates
- rolled oats
- cocoa powder (or cacao)
- peppermint extract
Annnnddd..... they taste just like a decadent chocolate treat, but in a 'totally-happy-tummy' kind of way!
If you're a fan of bliss balls, then make sure you also check out these yummy little things:
- salted caramel bliss balls
- healthy 'Nutella' bliss balls
- peanut butter brownie protein balls
- nutty oat & date energy balls
Please, please, please make these Healthy Chocolate Mint Balls and let me know what you think!!
And while you're here, here's a little video of me making these bad boys!!!
Healthy Chocolate Mint Balls
- ½ cup (65g) cashews raw
- ½ cup (55g) rolled oats
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 2 tbs desiccated coconut
- 6 medjool dates
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 tbs water
- Place the cashew nuts, rolled oats, cocoa powder and coconut into a food processor or Thermomix bowl. Mix until roughly chopped and combined (if using a Thermomix, mix on Speed 8, 5 seconds).
- Add the dates, peppermint extract and water and mix until combined (if using a Thermomix, mix on Speed 8, 50 seconds. Scrape down the bowl and repeat for a further 5 seconds).
- Take large teaspoonfuls of the mixture and roll into balls.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.