These super yummy oven baked Greek Lamb Meatball Pitas are the perfect family dinner! Top with cous cous, cucumber, tomatoes, feta, red onion and tzatziki for a meal everyone will love.
This post is brought to you by San Remo and Nuffnang.
Move over boring old meatballs… there’s a new kid in town! Yep, these Greek Lamb Meatball Pitas with cous cous are going to take your meatball game to a whole new level.
First up, these little meatballs are oven baked – so there’s no standing around waiting for them to cook in the frying pan. Simply pop them in the oven and let them do their thing! Ooh and speaking of cooking the meatballs, let me tell you about a really clever little hack I have. Instead of putting your meatballs on a flat baking tray, use a lightly greased mini-muffin tin. This way they’ll stay separated from each other, wont roll around or lose their shape. Clever, right!?
Now if you’re anything like me, dinners need to be super quick, easy, yummy and kid/toddler-friendly. And if it’s a weeknight, they need to be even quicker and easier than ever. And soooo…. I bring you these delicious Greek Lamb Meatball Pitas (which definitely tick ALL those boxes!).
The yummy pita breads are topped with San Remo’s 60 second microwave couscous (because we all know that microwaves are the ultimate when it comes to quick and easy!). I used the cous cous with quinoa variety for these bad boys, but there’s also a vegetable cous cous version which would be just as delicious. And really – 60 seconds in the microwave…. done! You can’t beat that for ease.
Ooh and then comes the really fun part – adding ALL of the delicious toppings. Think cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and of course, feta. Life just wouldn’t be complete without feta. Finally, pop those oven baked greek lamb meatballs on top and add a huge dollop of tzatziki. YUM!
These meatball pitas really do take the cake (or should that be, meatball??) when it comes to a yummy family dinner. They’ll be on the table in less than 30 minutes… and best of all, you know that everyone in the family will be happy! Double win. Whoop whoop!
PS. If you have any leftover meatballs (…Really?? Really?? Is that even possible!?), then simply pop them into an airtight container or ziplock bag once they’ve cooled and freeze for up to 1 month.
VIDEO: HOW TO MAKE MEATBALL PITAS
San Remo’s microwaveable cous cous range comes in two delicious varieties – cous cous with quinoa and cous cous with vegetables. Ready in just 60 seconds, they’re the perfect side dish or salad for busy families.
Greek Lamb Meatball Pitas
- 500 g lamb mince
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (125g) breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbs oregano
- salt and pepper to season
- olive oil spray
- 4 pita breads
- 1 X 175g couscous packet San Remo microwave packet
- 250 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 80 g feta cheese crumbled
- tzatziki dip to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius (fan-forced). Grease a 24 hole mini muffin tin with olive oil spray and set aside (if you don't have a mini muffin tray you can use a flat baking tray).
- Place the mince, breadcrumbs, garlic, egg, oregano, salt and pepper into a bowl and mix until well combined. If using a Thermomix, mix on Reverse Speed 5 for 20 seconds or until well combined (using the spatula to help mix).
- Roll into balls and place into the prepared tin (one meatball in each mini muffin hole).
- Cook for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the San Remo microwave couscous in the microwave for 60 seconds.
- To serve, place the pita breads onto 4 serving plates. Top with the couscous, red onion, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, meatballs, feta and tzatziki dip.