This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is so moist and yummy! Packed full of chocolate chips, it will have you coming back for more (and more and more!!).
Scroll down to the bottom of this post for our Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe…
Happy Friday fellow foodies! I hope you have all had a deliciously wonderful week! A huge thank you to everyone who linked up with us last week, there was such a huge variety amongst the 61 recipes linked up.
As always it was so hard to pick my favourites, but I absolutely loved this recipe for Salted Caramel Popcorn from House in Tilford – perfect for watching a movie while snuggled up with a blanket and my ugg boots (can you tell I live in Victoria?!!)
If I had a dollar for every loaf of banana bread I have ever made I would be a very rich woman (and quite possibly retired living on a tropical island sipping cocktails). Anyway, I have never made banana bread with apricots before and so this Banana, Apricot & Strawberry Bread from The Tenacious Scribbler got me very excited indeed!
A couple of years ago we were lucky enough to visit Spain and ever since then I have been the hugest fan of paella. This Chicken & Chorizo Paella from Cooking for Busy Mums looks so good. Now all I need is a jug of sangria and I’ll be set!
Some of my favourite cakes are made with fruit. I just love how moist they are and this Spiced Apple Cake from My Brown Paper Packages is no exception. PS. It has Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing… yes, yes it does! I would totally need to make extra icing because there’s no way it would all be making it onto the cake!!!!
Now don’t forget to check out the lovely Lauren’s favourites over at Create Bake Make.
It’s also been an exciting week after being selected as a finalist to become Mamamia’s next Food Blogger with my Mini Peach and Passionfruit Cheesecake Tarts. All it takes is a couple of minutes to vote and just by voting you will also be in the running to win a $100 Universal Gift Card. Thank you so much to everyone who has voted – it means the world to me. xxx Lucy
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe…
I’m going to come out and say it: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread may possibly be the best recipe ever invented….. I’m already ducking for cover 😉 Let me state my case:
* It is easy to make and only requires ONE bowl.
* It uses up those creepy looking bananas sitting in your fruit bowl that no one else will touch.
* You can eat it anytime of the day and not feel guilty (ok, maybe you will feel a little guilty), but there is nothing wrong sitting down to a grilled slice of Banana Bread topped with fresh pieces of banana and drizzled in honey. It’s also the perfect sweet little something to stop those mid afternoon sugar cravings in their tracks.
* It’s versatile! There are simply so many variations you can make. Add some walnuts or pecans for a little bit of crunch, add raspberries or strawberries for added sweetness.
* Did I mention it’s easy to make? Perfect if you have a little person or two who likes to help out in the kitchen.
Now I’ve made a few variations of Banana Bread over the past few years, but it was only recently that I added choc chips to the mix – I know, what was I thinking?!?! The result was delicious, the dark chocolate chips scattered throughout this sweet bread simply made it taste incredible.
And as an added bonus, you can also freeze it! Before popping into the freezer a few weeks ago, I cut it into small slices and individually wrapped them . Then on the odd occasion (ok, maybe a couple of times a week) when I’ve craved something sweet, I’ve just popped a slice in the microwave for 45 seconds and it has been just as soft and moist as it was the day I made it!
Now if you want to try this yummy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread for yourself, just follow this easy recipe:
Fabulous Foodie Fridays #6 featuring Choc Chip Banana Bread
- 2 cups of self raising flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips . you can use milk chocolate chips if you prefer
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups of mashed overripe bananas I used 3 large bananas
- 50 g of butter - melted
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (or 160 degrees if fan forced).
- Grease and line a loaf pan (20cm x 10cm) and set aside until needed.
- Combine the flour, sugar and chocolate chips in a large bowl
- Combine the eggs, milk, banana and butter in a separate bowl and whisk together.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients and mix well until just combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
Lauren from Create Bake Make & Lucy from Bake Play Smile have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.Each week we’ll select 5 of our favourite recipes to feature on the following Fabulous Foodie Fridays link up party, so be sure to check back and see if your recipe is featured.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!