Has everyone survived their Easter sugar coma? I certainly made quite the dent on the worlds chocolate supplies, but hey, it’s a once a year thing right!? Kinda…! Anyway, I hope you had an amazing time relaxing with your friends and family over the long weekend. Geez I love whoever decided that long weekends should be a ‘thing’. Last weeks Fabulous Foodie Fridays party certainly inspired a lot of Easter weekend baking for me. Here are some of my favourite recipes from last week…
I made (and bought!) so many hot cross buns in the lead up to Easter so I still have quite a few in my freezer. If you’re like me and have way too many hot cross buns lying around then you’ve got to make this Nutella Hot Cross Bun Bread Pudding from Tea For Tammi… this is definitely making an appearance in my house this weekend!
A few weeks ago, Lauren and I set up a Facebook baking group for home cooks (you can join it here) and Belinda from Bindy Bee shared this amazing Caramel Cake recipe in there. I LOVED the look of it, so was very thrilled to see it’s sugary goodness turn up in last weeks Fabulous Foodie Fridays party!
I’m a big fan of making my own peanut butter, and this ABC Nut Butter from She Makes Magic sounds incredible. It’s made from almonds, brazil nuts and cashews… and I can totally see this taking my usual peanut butter and banana on toast to a whole new level!
Just because Easter is over doesn’t mean you need to kiss goodbye to chocolate (as if you would). How yummy do these chocolate parfaits from House In Tillford look. I think I’d top mine with chopped up chocolate honeycomb or Peppermint Crisp.
Lauren from Create Bake Make , Lucy from Bake Play Smile and now Dannielle from Zamamabakes have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.Each week we’ll select 3 of our favourite recipes to feature on the following Fabulous Foodie Fridays link up party, so be sure to check back and see if your recipe is featured.
THE RULES FOR THE PARTY ARE SIMPLE:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile, Create Bake Make and Zamamabakes permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!