Indulge in these totally delicious Peanut Butter Oreo Brownies… rich, decadent and oh-so-good! Why not make a batch today..!
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for our Peanut Butter Oreo Brownies recipe…
A HUGE thank you to everyone who linked up last week. We are thrilled with the number of delicious recipes shared. I know I have added a stack of recipes to my ‘must cook’ over the weekend.
So if you are a blogger then please, please, please continue to rock up each Friday and add links to up to 3 of your favourite food or drink recipe posts. They don’t have to be new posts (just as long as they are new to the Fabulous Foodie Fridays party). Oh and don’t forget to check out the party rules below…but don’t worry, we’re not party poopers – they are super simple! We’ll also be choosing our 5 favourite recipes from each week to feature on the following Fabulous Foodie Fridays party, so make sure you check back each week to see if you were chosen!
To kick things off, we have a tie for the most popular recipe last week!
Lisa at Mummy’s Undeserved Blessings who shared her delicious Salted Caramel Chocolate Slice
Some of my other favourites (it was soooo hard to choose just a couple by the way!!!) from our first link up include:
This healthier version of a Passionfruit Slice with Lemon Passionfruit Curd from The Kids Menu Nutrition and Fitness.
With winter coming, I could not resist this Apple and Peanut Butter Crumble from Cooking for Busy Mums.
For all the Thermomix lovers out there, Mrs D Plus 3 has some great winter dinner ideas (I’ll be starting with the Sweet Chicken Curry!).
And finally, Delicious by Ana had me absolutely drooling over her gorgeous Salted Caramel Tarts (and her beautiful photography!!).
Now to get your tummy rumbling, this weeks recipe is for a delicious batch of Peanut Butter Oreo Brownies created by Lauren from Create Bake Make.
Peanut Butter Oreo Brownies recipe…
While browsing the biscuit aisle recently (as you do) I came across these little beauties:
Of course I put
two a box of them and a box of original Oreos in my trolley and continued on my merry way. I knew I could make some delicious (and naughty) treat with them, but just didn’t know what.
I considered adding them to a white chocolate cheesecake slice, similar to Lucy’s Oreo Cheesecake Bars, but thought they really deserved their own recipe creation.
After sitting in our pantry for a week, and using all of my willpower to resist opening the box, I decided to turn these incredibly delicious cookies into brownies. I had a willing assistant by my side, who all day had been asking to “make cakes” so brownies seemed like the perfect child friendly option.
The brownie recipe I have used is from ‘Fast Fresh Simple’ by Donna Hay and the beauty of it is you don’t need a block of chocolate in order to have yummy brownies in no time!
Fabulous Foodie Fridays #2 - Peanut Butter Oreo Brownies
- 150 g of butter
- 1 1/4 cups of caster sugar
- 3/4 cup of cocoa
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 x 205g box of Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cream Oreos
Preheat oven to 160 degrees
Chop the Oreos into large chunks (you want to still be able to bite into the cookies when eating the brownies).
In a medium saucepan over a low heat, add the butter, sugar and cocoa and stir until the butter has completely melted.
Pour into a bowl and add the vanilla extract and eggs, whisking well to combine.
Sift the flour over the top of the chocolate mixture and add the chopped up brownies.
Using a large metal spoon, gently fold all ingredients until they just come together.
Spoon mixture into a fully lined 20cm square cake tin and bake for 30 - 35 minutes until the centre has just set.
Cool in the tin before removing and cutting into squares.
Lauren from Create Bake Make & Lucy from Bake Play Smile have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.
Each week we’ll select 5 of our favourite recipes to feature on the following Fabulous Foodie Fridays link up party, so be sure to check back and see if your recipe is featured.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!