Chocolate Snickers Cake has all the goodness of a Snickers bar – caramel, nougat and peanuts combined with a beautiful rich chocolate cake.
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for our Chocolate Snickers Cake recipe…
Welcome back everyone, we hope you have all had a deliciously wonderful week! We had 45 amazing recipes linked up last week, and there really was something for everyone. If you’ve made any of the recipes from our Fabulous Foodie Friday party, please let us know – both Lauren and I love seeing pictures of your creations!
Last week Just A Mum’s Chocolate Cornflake Coconut Slice brought back so many childhood memories of making this slice with my Mum! This is such a classic recipe and certainly a favourite of nearly everyone I know.
How fun are these Thermomix Chocolate Brownies!? Yep they have Smarties in them! Well I have to hand it to the lovely Robyn from Mrs D Plus 3… only a serious chocoholic could come up with a chocolate brownie recipe that has lots of extra chocolate add-ins. Mmmm chocolatey perfection.
Speaking of chocolate, I know I am not the only one who drooled a little when they saw this Nutella Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake from Seeking Victory. There is no doubt that I love, love, LOVE this recipe.
A few weeks ago I bought a mini kitchen torch, or what I like to refer to as my blowtorch. Anyway, it’s definitely time I made one of these delicious Gluten-Free Lemon Meringue Pies from Gluten Free Hart so I can start flame throwing!!
Mmm after all of that sugary goodness it’s definitely time for a savoury dish. I love that these Baked Lemon Chicken Drumsticks from Cooking For Busy Mums are made in the one dish and are so easy. These would make for a finger-lickin’ good meal!
Don’t forget to check out Lauren’s picks over at Create Bake Make.
And now it’s over to Lauren for this weeks recipe!
Chocolate Snickers Cake…
Hi everyone, this week I’m sharing my recipe for a deliciously wicked Chocolate Snickers Cake. I’ll be honest, this cake isn’t for the calorie conscious but a slice of this cake still warm from the oven is oh so worth it!!
I love Snickers bars, the caramel, the peanuts and the nougat (not to mention the chocolate!) are too good to resist. When combined with a rich chocolate cake, it’s a perfect match!
Fabulous Foodie Fridays #18 - Chocolate Snickers Cake
- 250 g melted butter slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 ½ cup plain flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of coconut
- ¾ cup sifted cocoa
- 5 Snickers Bars - chopped into small pieces
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Put all ingredients into a large bowl and whisk until mixture is just smooth.
- Add the chopped Snickers and carefully fold through.
- Pour mixture into the cake tin and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until cake is cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- You can top this cake with your favourite icing or ganache
I used my favourite chocolate icing recipe which you can find here.
Lauren from Create Bake Make & Lucy from Bake Play Smile have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.Each week we’ll select 5 of our favourite recipes to feature on the following Fabulous Foodie Fridays link up party, so be sure to check back and see if your recipe is featured.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!