This no-bake Chocolate Peppermint Crisp Slice will satisfy all of your chocoholic cravings! Ready in just 15 minutes, this really is the perfect slice!
Wow what amazing weather we are having at the moment! Even a little cold-hater like me can’t complain… frosty mornings but gorgeous sunny days! So this being the case, and me wanting to enjoy the sunshine while it lasts, decided the cold morning was the best time to get stuck in and do some baking…
Now it all started this week when I was very spoilt by a teaching friend who brought some chocolate peppermint crisp slice into work for us to try. It was delicious and absolutely perfect considering I can’t get enough of the choc/mint flavour combo at the moment!
Anyway, she was lovely enough to give me the recipe….which of course meant that I just had to run out, buy the ingredients and make it myself! However, alas the week was just too busy for me to make it and so by Saturday I was totally hanging out for some baking time!
I loved making this slice, because apart from the Peppermint Crisps, all of the other ingredients are stuff that you probably already have in your cupboard (plain biscuits, condensed milk, butter and chocolate).
Now I must admit, I did make one little change from the original recipe I was given, and that was to use white chocolate for the top instead of milk. Both were really yummy though, so if you can’t decide try doing half and half! That way everyone’s happy!
Delish, delish, delish! Perfect for when you need a slice that everyone will love… and when you need one made quickly!
PS – If you love Peppermint then you really, really need to check out my Super Easy Peppermint Chocolate Slice – it’s the best thing ever. Seriously!
Chocolate Peppermint Crisp Slice
- 1 X 250g packet of plain such as Marie, sweet biscuits
- 3/4 tin of sweetened condensed milk . you can always add a little more if you find the mixture is too dry
- 100 g butter
- 3 Peppermint Crisp bars
- 100 g white chocolate or milk.... or even dark!
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor (don't worry if there are still a fair few bigger chunks... that's fine!) and then pour into a mixing bowl.
- Melt butter and condensed milk in a saucepan over a very low heat. Mix until smooth.
- Pour condensed milk mixture onto the biscuits and mix well.
- Crush two of the Peppermint Crisps with a knife and add to the mixture.
- Carefully mix the Peppermint Crisps through.
- Spread into a baking paper lined slice pan and pop into the fridge.
- Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave (or on the stove top) and pour over the cooled slice.
- Add the remaining crushed Peppermint Crisp.
- Pop back in the fridge until just set (tacky to the touch but not hard).
- Take it out of the fridge and slice into squares.