This Choc Chip, Sultana & Oat Slice slice is the perfect lunchbox filler! It’s so easy, takes only 10 minutes to prepare and is absolutely delicious.
I’m one of those people who loves to have a piece of slice with my cuppa. Sometimes I like my sweet treats to be chocolatey (hehe, ok a LOT of the time), other times I prefer something fruity, and I do, of course, love an oaty or coconuty treat too. Well this slice ticks all those boxes because it has a little bit of chocolate, a little bit of fruit, a little bit of oaty-ness and a little bit of coconut. So now there’s no more having to choose!!
This is one of those slices that is so quick and easy to make. You simply pop all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and give them a good stir. Add the cooled melted butter and the whisked egg and mix together. That’s it. Well nearly! You do still have to actually cook it too… but that’s just as easy!
I love this slice because there’s no fancy-pants ingredients in it. Pretty much everything will be in your cupboard and fridge. It’s also incredibly yummy (which is the most important thing).
This slice really is so versatile. Since I made this a couple of weeks ago, I have also made a white chocolate and apricot version and my next experiment is going to be with cranberries and pistachios. It’s the perfect recipe base to mix and match with your favourite ingredients.
So my advice is to go and whip up a tray of this slice, make a cuppa and then sit outside and enjoy the sunshine!
Choc Chip, Sultana & Oat Slice
- Melted butter to grease
- 75 g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 75 g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 90 g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 70 g (2/3 cup) desiccated coconut
- 140 g (2/3 cup) brown sugar firmly packed
- 130 g (2/3 cup) sultanas
- 95 g (1/2 cup) choc bits
- 125 g butter melted, cooled
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Brush a 17 x 27cm (base measurement) slab pan with melted butter to lightly grease.
- Line the base and 2 opposite long sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang.
- Sift the combined flours into a bowl and add the oats, coconut, sugar, sultanas and choc bits.
- Stir to combine.
- Make a well in the centre and add the melted butter and egg.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Cut into squares to serve.