This recipe needs to come with a warning! Something along the lines of: ‘only total and utter chocoholics should attempt to make these Tim Tam Stuffed Brownies. I think that’s a pretty accurate warning! These babies are not for the faint-hearted. They may also cause the top button of your pants to stop doing up (should that be a warning too?).
I’m sure by now you know that I love to have little experiments in my kitchen. Sometimes they’re great and other times, they’re total and utter disasters! This, thankfully, was one of those deliciously awesome experiments. I love a good chocolate brownie and have my basic recipe pretty well down pat (thanks to many, many taste tests), but I wanted to take it that one step further….Tim Tam Stuffed Brownies!
And so I thought, why not add a layer of Tim Tams into the middle of my brownie? Umm… hello? Best idea ever! Because I’m an indecisive little soul, I couldn’t choose which type of Tim Tams to use, so I settled for a mix of white chocolate and caramel. My indecisiveness paid off because the checkerboard colours ended up looking really pretty – and I do love pretty food!
These brownies have that perfect combination of rich, moist, chewy deliciousness that you know and love. Add to that the amazing crunch of the Tim Tams (and the soft gooey caramel) and this may go down in history as one of the best experiments to ever leave my kitchen.
So for a perfectly Australian treat that will satisfy even the most serious chocoholic, you must, must, MUST try these Tim Tam Stuffed Brownies for yourself…
Caramel & White Chocolate Stuffed Tim Tam Brownies!
- 200 g dark chocolate broken into pieces
- 180 g butter roughly chopped
- 1 ¼ cups (200g) brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup (110g) plain flour
- 1 x 165g packet Arnott’s Tim Tams - White
- 1 X 165g packet Anott's Tim Tams - Caramel
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Line a 16 x 24 cm slice tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Place chocolate and butter into a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (ensure bowl doesn't touch the water). Stir until melted. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar with a whisk.
- Stir in chocolate mixture, mixing until smooth. Stir in flour and mix until smooth.
- Pour 1 cup chocolate mixture into prepared tin.
- Place Arnott’s Tim Tams in an even layer over the top (alternating between caramel and white chocolate like a checkerboard), pour over remaining chocolate mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. The brownie will seem slightly soft in the middle at this stage, but it will firm up on cooling.
- Allow to cool in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Remove paper lining. Cut into slices and serve.