This Banana and Strawberry Cake is so lovely & moist – it really is the perfect cake for afternoon tea! Perfect for using up any leftover bananas!
Scroll down for our Banana and Strawberry Cake recipe…
Welcome to another Fabulous Foodie Friday, we are so glad you have joined us! This week has flown by and I haven’t even started to think about what I’ll bake this weekend – yikes!
Thank you to everyone who joined us last week, with 49 great recipes linked up, there was really something for everyone. There were some amazing fresh and healthy Spring salads that I thought looked absolutely delicious… and of course, as always, there was a great selection of indulgent sweets.
And while asparagus is so cheap, I’m also planning on making this Grilled Asparagus and Lamb Salad with Beetroot Chia Dressing from My Kitchen Stories – how perfect for a warm Spring night!
Finally, for all the Thermomix fans out there, this Strawberry and Cardamon Frozen Yoghurt from Super Kitchen Machine is absolutely perfect given the lovely weather we’re starting to have… bring on summer!!
Don’t forget to pop over to Create Bake Make and check out Lauren’s favourites.
Banana and Strawberry Cake recipe…
And now it’s over to Lauren for this week’s feature recipe – enjoy! Over the past few weeks I think we have come close to consuming our body weight in strawberries…. seriously. They are such great value at the moment and my boys just love them. I figure they could be snacking on worse foods, so am happy to let them have a couple of strawberries for their morning and afternoon tea.
The combination of strawberries and bananas is one of my all time favourites, and I’ve been wanting to make a Banana and Strawberry Cake with these two ingredients for awhile now. Thankfully I was able to hide some strawberries away from the eager hands of my little boys and finally put into action my idea.
Banana and Strawberry Cake
- 125 g butter - softened
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 2 eggs - lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bananas - the browner the better
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 250 g of strawberries
- icing sugar to decorate
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Cut your strawberries into quarters and set aside until needed.
- Sift the self raising flour into a bowl and set aside until needed.
- Place the butter and sugar together in a bowl and using an electric mixer, cream ingredients together until pale and fluffy.
- Gradually add the egg and combine well.
- Add the vanilla extract and banana and combine on a low speed.
- Remove bowl from the mixer.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda to the milk and allow to dissolve.
- Using a metal spoon, fold through the sifted flour and milk alternatively.
- When mixture is almost combined, add the chopped strawberries and gently fold through.
- Spoon mixture into the cake tin and lightly smooth the top.
- Place in oven and bake for 50 minutes or until the cake is cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Allow cake to cool in tin for 10 minutes before carefully removing and allowing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Dust cake with icing sugar to serve.
This Banana and Strawberry Cake is delicious on it’s own or dusted with a little icing sugar. However if you want to be extra indulgent (and let’s face it who doesn’t?!?!) why not ice it with a thick layer of cream cheese frosting? Enjoy!
Lauren from Create Bake Make & Lucy from Bake Play Smile have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!